Love and Hate [Part 9]

Miku’s POV

Luka and I walked through the crowd of people as snow lightly fell from the sky.

It was New Years. We were going to head towards the shrine and say our prayers but… I got carried away.

I saw a flash of blue in the crowd and my heart skipped a beat.

“Um, Luka, I’m going to buy a fortune slip okay?” I said pointing at the stands.

“Oh Okay.” She smiled at me.

I quickly turned around and went towards the blue hair.

“Kai—“ I shouted eagerly, but it died out.

He was with Meiko. Her face was red as she spoke the three words.

Thump.

He smiled.

Thump.

Then they hugged each other. I felt heat emit from their embrace and realized how cold I was… so… cold..

Left alone.

“M… u…”

“Mi….!!”

“Miku!!!”

I opened my eyes with a gasp. I found my brother staring at me, concerned.

“E-eh? Oniisan…?” I stuttered.

He hugged me tightly.

“E-eh?!”

“You had me really worried there…” He said.

It was a dream…

“Sorry…”

“It’s fine.”

But… Now I’m kind of scared about New Years…

Luka’s POV

By the time I was done with work, the snow was falling heavily, and when got ready to go home, there was a blizzard.

“Oh… Seems like we can’t get home huh…” Kiyoteru sighed.

“Sorry for dragging you behind…” I bowed apologetically.

“Oh it’s okay!” He smiled. “I was checking everything myself.”

…Hiyama usually waits until the last worker goes home and then he himself would leave after. That’s why I felt guilty for taking so much time.

Truth to be told, I was still bothered by Miku’s attitude after Meiko gave her that letter. The way she acted… Definitely meant that Meiko did something. That’s why I spaced out during work and by the time I finally regained focus, it was time to get ready and go home.

I don’t need to worry about Iroha since she wanted to sleepover at someone else’s house. Then all that’s left is Miku…

“Luka…?” Hiyama waved his hand in front of my face.

Kiyoteru’s POV

“Oh… Sorry! What did you say?” Luka flinched.

“…I didn’t say anything… You were just spacing out again.”

Looks like the incident with her friend is bothering her a lot.

“Oh… right… haha…” She laughed and started to play with her hair.

I stared at her for a moment.

“Is the incident with your friend bothering you?”

“E-eh?!”

“You can tell me, it’s okay.” I smiled.

She sighed. “You can see through everything huh…”

“Before you talk, let’s make some hot coffee to drink shall we?” I stood up and headed to the kitchen.

Luka sighed once again and followed me.

We made some coffee and sat down at the table.

“So, consult me with your problems.”

“Well…” She started explaining everything that happened.

Luka’s POV

I finished explaining what happened. I expected him to say something like, ‘it’s just one guy right? It’s not a big deal.’ Like most of the adults would say.

“Oh… It’s a love thing huh…”

“Yeah.”

Here it comes…

“Well, I guess I can kind of understand a small part of it.”

I looked up at him with a bewildered expression on my face. “Huh?”

“What?”

“No… I meant, I thought you would say something like, ‘oh it’s just some guy, you can get over it easily.’”

“Haha, well, I experienced a love problem before… And let me tell you, it is wound that will never heal… But that’s love.”

I smiled secretly. Well, I’m glad someone understands.

“I guess all you can do now as a friend is to support her as much as you can.” He sighed. “You don’t want to get too involved or else it would cause even more trouble.”

“I see… That makes sense I guess…” I smiled. “Thanks.”

“Glad I can help a bit.”

That’s right. I can’t get too involved or else… Miku would shut herself away from me…

“So, let’s talk about something else to set the mood.” Hayama said and then he sipped his coffee. “How are you doing with your boyfriend?”

I flinched. “We-we’re doing pretty good I guess…?”

“Hm… Are you really?” He pushed up his glasses and they flashed.

I sighed. Why does he have to be so observant?!

“I just wish that our relationship can be a bit more… real… I mean, we k-kissed and everything at the party… but I think that was too much for me at the moment…”

“And even after the party,” I continued, “He was flirting with some of the girls in my class…”

“Hm.”

“So I mean, not long has passed and I kind of missed him… The Kagamines lent me a cellphone, but he hasn’t asked for my phone number yet…”

“Luka. Have you ever thought about taking the initiative?”

“H-huh?”

“I’m sorry to say but… right now you’re acting pretty selfish. I mean, does he even know you got a cellphone?”

… I never thought about that…

“It’s not that embarrassing. After all you are lovers so it doesn’t matter too much.”

…Gosh, It never occurred to me until now… How much I miss him…

============================================================================

Hey guys

Just

gonna go

upload another chapter

so

calm urselves

k