《Chapter Two》

She walks down the stairs slowly not wanting to trip over falling flat on her face "who says thank you to their chauffeur" Octavia over hears Queen Diana talking to someone "a polite and respectful person" the voice so deep so familiar "Nicholas we are royalty we don't need to show gratitude to people who aren't high ranked like us." Something click in her head 'they're talking about me' she thinks but why? Their footsteps gets closer and louder "Princess deary you look beautiful" Prince Nicholas mum compliments her "why thank you, you look absolutely stunning" Octavia smiles like she had heard nothing, glancing behind the Queen she see's Prince Nicholas eyeing her up and down "well look at you my baby all grown up" Queen Catherine hugs her from the side "you look gorgeous too mother" she compliments her pulling away from the hug. Octavia's mother blush at her daughters word she's wearing a green heart sleeved dress, creme heels, fawn hair curled and loose, pearl earrings and pearl necklace for make up she has it light also "oh I got you this too" Catherine hands Octavia a beautiful necklace that not even words can describe it "well shall we go now don't want to be late" Queen Diana interrupts their conversation "of course come on, oh and Nicholas help Octavia put that necklace around her neck" her voice sickly sweet. The two Queen walk to the foyer where their husbands are waiting "she's very demanding how do you put up with her" Octavia hands him the necklace grazing hands for a split second causing sparks to erupt shock overwhelming the both of them "well um... could you turn around so I can put this on you" he shows her the necklace "oh yeah" turning around she pushes her hair out of the way "there" she feels the cold chain around her neck "thanks I guess" Octavia says a pink tinge on her cheek before speed walking to the foyer "that looks beautiful on you" King Arthur compliments her smiling "we should go now don't want to show up late" Diana ushers everyone out the door not before grabbing Princess Octavia's arm "please don't make me look bad" voice low and scary "why would I?" Diana's words seems to confuse her "forget what I said" she quickly walks to the limo muttering words to herself.

When they arrive at their destination Octavia still has questions whirling around in her mind that she wants answers to "what's wrong baby girl" her dad asks concern written all over his face "oh it's nothing just thinking about my future if I marry Prince Nicholas" she lies smoothly not wanting her dad to worry "okay then sweet pea" he kisses her fore head then steps out of the limo into the crowd of paparazzi and flashing of lights "it's show time doll" a voice whispers into Octavia's ear husky yet sweet "well for you it is" she steps out too with a smile on her face leaving the Prince speechless. All the questions thrown at her but Octavia only answers them with yes or no "is it true that you and Prince Nicholas are getting married in 4 weeks" that question catches her attention "well we don't know yet but we will inform you guys when we do" she says sweetly the smile still on her face, she walks into the building before anyone can bombard her with anymore questions "so are we getting married after all?" is the first thing Nicholas says to her "if it's what it takes to keep my country safe" walking beside him at the same pace "do you even want to marry me" Octavia asks out of the blue making Prince Nicholas scoff "of course not I'm doing this just because of a stupid law" saying it as if it's so obvious to her "but the real question is, do you want to marry me" he smirks "nope but like I said all of this is for my country" she ends the discussion by walking away to mingle with some other people.

The place is lively with music playing, dance floor full of man and women boys and girls dancing and people at tables that are always laughing "Octavia darling it's nice to see you again" Mrs. Bakers scarlet red lips curved into a smile that could warm anybody's heart "Mrs. Baker it's nice to see you again" she responds returning the same smile "you should introduce your fiance to my dearest daughter Lana they would get along real good" Lana is Mrs. Bakers daughter who is desperate for a man and asked her parents to help, Octavia hates her deep down right to hell seeing her stealing other women's man flirting here and there makes her blood just boil "of course Mrs. Baker" she hugs her one last time before strolling back to her family where they were talking to other duchesses "if we plan this and the marriage goes right both our countries will be in grave danger and we'll be the biggest target" her father said showing no emotion keeping a blank face not wanting to show any weakness "I understand but without the alliance we will be vulnerable" Susan the royal duchess tries knocking some sense into him "father, mother may I please have a word with you?" Octavia interupts the conversation.

King Jules and Queen Catherine clear their throats but agreed anyways "we shall continue this discussion later" Queen Catherine dismisses Susan "so what would you like to talk about?" a hint of concern dripping in her voice "can't we just change the law" Octavia says with no fear in her eyes "well we can't it's the law and part of a treaty" her mother says strongly making her father sigh "but after all we are the law and may-" Octavia's cut off by Queen Catherine raising her hand in front of her "just because we're royalty doesn't mean we can change the law" King Jules explains again for the 120th times. Octavia sighs her head hung low eyes staring down at the plain wooden floor but the feeling of determination still lingering in her "but could you at least try please, you know I hardly beg for anything so at least give it a shot" giving both her parents the puppy eyes that she knows they can't resist "we had try dear but it still wouldn't work don't forget there are other rulers somewhere in this world and they all must agree to it too" Queen Catherine says in a hushed tone making Octavia's heart nearly shatter upon hearing the news. The music stops and all eyes are on Mrs. Baker on the stage "we will be now serving our courses" she announces with a huge smile on her caked face as everyone make their way back to their seats chatting away like there's no tomorrow "whatever you do don't eat her pastries" King Arthur warns everyone but before Octavia can ask why servants are already piling into the room holding trays in their hands head held high "well this is going to take a while" Prince Nicholas murmurs underneath his breath "why?" Octavia asks only to earn a chuckle from him "you'll see" he winks at her earning him an eye roll but inside her heart is beating fast against her chest.

It's been half an hour and their finally finished with the courses "I feel like my stomach's going to burst" Octavia groans out "can we go back to the castle?" Octavia asks everyone making Queen Diana gasp "we still have two more hours to go" Queen Catherine mentally face palms herself "I mean if we go back to the castle now we can decorate the ballroom for the ball" she reasons making Queen Diana's eye sparkle "great idea, I didn't know you had the same brain as me" she jokes making only the adults chuckle "but you're right we should go come on now" dragging her husband King Arthur up to his two feet. Out of nowhere Mrs. Baker pops up "going so soon?" she hugs everyone a small smile on her face "Princess Octavia reminded us that we had a ball to prepare for tonight" Queen Diana says politely returning the smile back "well then see you guys at the ball" she giggles before calling out to a poor chap that was walking by "poor women" Queen Catherine shakes her head then strides to the double doors towards their parked limo. The drive was silent not a single word spoken "I'll be in my chambers if anybody needs me" Princess Octavia tells everyone over her shoulder as she walks up the marble stairs holding onto the gold railing with one hand, when she enters her room she shuts the door behind her before searching for her laptop looking high and low and once she finds it she sits on the bench by her window going onto Wattpad reading Witch (which I recommend you read cause it's the best book ever) enjoying every minute of it. A knock makes her tear her eyes away from the screen "we kind of need help" Prince Nicholas peeks in.

Octavia's necklace

         -------------------------------------

don't forget to....

♠Vote♠
&
♠Comment♠
&
♠Share♠