《Chapter Fifteen》

Octavia roams around the castle grounds missing them already, missing her parents. Her head is hung low only to bump into a wall but that wall turned out to be Christian, Nicholas brother.

"Sorry there" she looks up his charcoal hair tousled, silver blue eyes stares into hers and his horse polo outfit hugs his muscles perfectly the sight of him could make any girl weak to their knees.

"It's okay, Octavia right?" he smiles the dimples at the corner of his lips.

"Yep, so you went to play polo I'm guessing" she walks with him side by side as she discreetly checks him out as she listens to him.

"Afghanistan was a scary experience but I pulled through, the people there were sweet yet terrified which I can understand" he talks about his time in Afghanistan "the kids were the sweetest of them all" Christian smiles to himself.

"Sounds like you had a great time aside from all the shooting" Octavia speaks before coming to a halt as they reach his bedroom door "it was nice getting to know you" giving him a warm smile. Christian pulls her into a hug sparks crawling up her body from the contact, unlike Nicholas's sparks his were stronger and effected her more. and he seems to feel them too because he pulls away quickly.

"I agree" he gives her a weak smile still in a daze from what had just happened a minute ago "I'll see you later" with a last nod Christian walks onto his room shutting the door behind him, Octavia lets out a breath she didn't knew she held in the feeling of his touch lingering. 

"It's just a friendly hug" she reminds herself before walking off whilst on the other side of the door Christian runs his fingers through his silky locks sighing at the feeling coursing through him when he had hugged Princess Octavia. It felt so wrong but felt so right which confuses him even more. Shaking off the feeling he tries to continue on with his day.

The Princess ambles to the kitchen where a bunch of kitchen staff are bustling around. A chef notices her and bows acknowledging her presence. 

"Princess Octavia, what brings you here?" the cook asks.

"Chef Lara, I'm just wandering around  and thought that maybe I could help" the Princess grabs an apron and puts it over her head.

"That won't be needed my highness" Lara protests.

"No, I want to help and you can do nothing about it" she nudges the chef playfully smiling "now what do I need to do?"

"Follow me" Princess Octavia's smile seems to be contagious because she has made Lara smile, a smile that reaches her eyes. The head cook gives her instructions to which the Princess follows without complain as she dices the onions with the other chefs watching her with awe. The chefs laugh along with their royal highness feeling comfortable being around her, almost forgetting that she's higher ranking than them "you're not like her and we like that" Lara says her opinion.

"Who?" Princess Octavia questions stirring the broth.

"Wicked witch of the west, Queen Diana" Lara shrugs making Octavia's brow quirk up "she treats us like omegas in the pack to be honest she treats everyone below her like garbage" at her words Princess Octavia's heart clenches just at the thought of her mother in law's way of behaving.

"I see" she's lost for words but keeps a bright smile on her face changing the topic "so do any of you have families?" all of the kitchen staff forgets about what they had talked about their Queen and begin talking about their happy family. Once finished cooking the Princess offers to help set up the buffet table but Lara insists for her to get ready until the Princess finally gives in.

Princess Octavia makes her way to her new chamber, when she opens the door she finds a maid in a dress that she owns and a wig that looks like her hair. When the maid turns around shock is written all over her face but it soon disappears as  quick as it came.

"Help me!" the maiden shouts causing a small group of guards storming into the room.

"What's wrong... m'lady?" one looks back and forth at the two confused.

"There's an impostor, look" the maid points at the rightful Princess Octavia.

"What are you talking about?" Princess Octavia steps forward only to be held back by the guards, shock is evident on her features but Princess Octavia quickly frowns at the sight of the maid in front of her "I order you guards to release me this instance" her voice powerful and strong making them to obey. She steps forward to the mate and another until she's arm length away the Princess pulls the wig off chin in the air the frown still there.

"Princess? where am I?" the maid looks around hurriedly but it didn't fool her.

"Who do you thing I am, a fool? an idiot?!" she takes another step closer to make her step back.

"I d-don't know what you're talking about my highness" the maid continues on with her lie as if it were rehearsed.

"Take her away to the King" Princess Octavia demands and without a second thought they drag the traitor of a maid away.

"I hate you! you stole him from me!" are her last words before she's knocked out. Princess Octavia sighs in exhaustion.

"Aren't you guys tired of the dramas going on in this  castle" she asks the three guards that had stayed back, the three looked at each other and nods giving her a weak smile to which she returns back "it's good to know I have guards that love to gossip" she jokes and the three man chuckle.

"It's good to know that we have a humorous future Queen" they look at her with love and kindness making her heart melt that she had people in the palace looking up at her...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Don't forget to...

♠Vote♠

&

♠Comment♠

&

♠Share♠