《Chapter Thirteen》

As the Princess types into her laptop to send an email to her cousins about how her date went three urgent and fierce knocks sound on her white door that opens to her chambers, she closes the lid of the laptop swiftly making her way to the door. Without hesitation she pulls the door open with raised eyebrows as if asking what's going on, Prince Nicholas trudges into her room with a frustrated expression clear on his features causing Princess Octavia to frown herself closing the door behind her before cautiously shuffling towards him.

"Hey what's up why are so frustrated? is it the paper work?" the Princess sits next to him on the bed turning to face him but he stays silent eyes on the ground "I'm guessing you don't want to tell me and that's fine but can you please look at me" she places a hand on his shoulder and he flinches at her touch "did I do something wrong?" she asks. Princess Octavia uses her index finger to lift his head up looking at him with concern.

"Did you really do it? I doubt it that you would do that sort of stunt but I don't know you" Nicholas gazes into her brown eyes not bothering to hide his emotion behind his ocean blue orbs.

"I don't know what you're talking about, did I do something wrong?" Princess Octavia says voice soft and delicate.

"Don't act innocent Mi Amor, did you punch Jacquelyn or did you not because she came running to me telling me that you had punched her" voice wavering holding disappointment.

"I didn't Nicholas, she went up to me and started to talk to me telling me to stay awa- stop running" Octavia stops herself from saying what Jacquelyn had truly said.

"Finish that sentence Octavia" he grumbles, Princess Octavia shakes her head swallowing back the tears brimming "what did she really say" he scoots closer to her his face expressionless.

"L-like I said she told m-me to stop running" Octavia stutters feeling intimidated under his gaze.

"What did she say, I know you're lying to me why are you covering for her I know what she's like so you can tell me" he takes her hand in his eyes holding the truth and affection which melts her heart. Octavia nods reluctantly avoiding his stare.

"Well it was when she first arrived I'm pretty sure that at the night ball she told me to stay away from you and after I came back from the date she told me the exact same thing that's it but I didn't do anything else that's it" she says all in one breath. Prince Nicholas wipes a single tear trickling down her trick not realizing that she had been crying "it's just an empty threat and I know that" she sighs.

"No it's not an empty threat she will make your life a living hell until you give in, don't give in it shows the sign of weakness and you or anything but weak Octavia" searching her eyes for anything but all it held is nothing like she's fighting with herself.

"You may think that I am strong and powerful but I am empty like how the world sees me I am nothing" Octavia whispers not being able to look him in the eye feeling too embarrassed.

"No Octavia do not listen to such things, they're the ones that are wrong" he gives her a sweet smile that always seem like she's on cloud nine "I have to go now to settle this problem may some even call a rumor about you abusing the duchess daughter and I'm pretty sure you'd want to come too not only to tell your side of the story but to also bid your parents fair well" realization hits Octavia. "You forgot about your parents leaving didn't you" he chuckles trying to lighten the mood.

"Oh shut up now go so I can look good when I tell my alibi" Octavia shoves Prince Nicholas playfully to which he puts his hands up in surrender then exit her chambers. She releases a breath that she didn't know she's holding I need to get my head straight Princess Octavia inwardly sighs, she goes to her walk in closet picking out her gown before taking a luke warm shower. After getting out she changes into the gown she had picked out the shades of ivory. blush and champagne her make-up natural paired with matte pink stilettos, the Princess saunters into the court hall in the palace ready to face Jacquelyn.