《Chapter Twenty》

During breakfast the tension in the air is obvious which brings joy in Queen Diana's {yes she's back} heart just at the thought of their marriage falling apart and her divorcing Prince Nicholas makes her smirk. At the table, Christian would sneak glances her way since they sit opposite each other trying so hard to not think about what had happened last night so did Princess Octavia only for her to think about it more causing the faintest of blush to paint her cheeks.

"So Princess, how's you and my Prince Charming doing?" Queen Diana looks up smirking at her clearly to get her riled up.

"Oh, well we're doing okay I guess" she answers a little after "it's a rocky path but we'll get through it eventually hopefully" she cuts out a small triangle in her pancake before putting it in her mouth. Now knowing that Prince Nicholas was just using her she finally pieces the puzzle together and decides to flip the table "how about you and the kingdom? is my kingdom doing well? after all, you have been keeping in touch with my mother about land and other stuff" she smiles at her oh so great mother-in-law.

"I- you" but she stays stun and just quickly stuffs her face wanting to finish her meal quickly "excuse me" she pushes her chair back and saunters out the room without another word out of her mouth making the tension to become thicker.

"Octavia" Nicholas breaks the ice "I truly am sorry" he sighs.

"I'll go" Christian gets up and leaves the two alone.

"I feel like whatever's coming out of your mouth is all false now" she looks down at her lap fiddling with her thumb.

"I know what you mean" he sighs again "but I really did like you."

"Well don't" she looks up to meet his gaze for a split second before turning away "because I may be in love with another man" she whispers.

"But" he starts.

"I can't" the princess stands up and walks out the dining room with glassy eyes speed walking away.

"Is it my brother?" Nicholas calls out to her in a whisper but to no avail did she respond. The Prince sighs sadly "I understand" he walks past her with his head hanging low he's just trying to guilt trap me Octavia mentally tells herself in a shaky voice fight the battle to win the battle. Shaking her head she makes her way to the guest room she was in last night with a certain somebody, slowly opening the door she sees Christian's figure holding a letter in hid hand cursing under his breath.

"You okay?" she looks at him in concern wrapping her arms around his waist from behind and rests her head on her shoulder.

"Yeah" he quickly folds up the letter and stuffs it in his pocket giving her a small weak smile.

"What's wrong?" she steps in front of him, placing a hand on his cheek he leans into her touch sighing contently shutting his eyes as she uses her thumb to caress his cheekbone.

"I just" he opens his eyes as his striking silver eyes staring intently into her brown ones with his features softening at the loving gaze from her "they need me back" he finally says.

"What do you mean?" she furrows her brow.

"You know how I went to Afghanistan?" he reminds her and only can she nod "they need me back" he says it slower this time. Her eyes widen in shock and her hands drop, feeling her heart rate pick up she looks down at the ground with tears pooling in her eyes "hey, hey, hey" he lifts her chin up and wipes away the stray tear "it's okay" Christian cooed to her an empty promise only to cause more tears to escape.

"How is everything okay?" she whispers searching his eyes for any sort of joking manner or a sign of him lying but all his eyes hold is sadness and the truth "I just confessed to the man I love last night to only hear that he's leaving to go to war again which puts his life at risk" she whimpers, her legs feeling like jelly at the sudden emotion her legs give out but Christian is there to catch her.