|14| Psychotic

Niall's POV:

I opened my eyes and looked at the clock on the wall. It read 6:30am. We have to record the song we wrote in just an hour or so. I figured I might as well get up even though the sun wasn't even up yet. As I tried to sit up I felt my head throbbing. I didn't think I had drank enough to get a hangover but clearly I did. I rolled over and saw Emily next to me. I had almost forgotten. Did that really happen last night? Did we really sleep together? I thought it was a dream.

She looked so peaceful.

I kissed her forehead gently and sat on the edge of the bed as I remembered everything we did last night. God, she was beautiful lying there. But...how drunk was she? Did she really want to have sex as much as it seemed? Or did I force her into doing something she didn't want to do? I couldn't remember exactly how it happened. I prayed she wouldn't regret it today. I know I didn't.

I wonder if she knew I was a virgin...

"Hi." A familar voice said quietly, interupting my thoughts and worries. I looked back over at her and she was staring deeply at me.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to wake you." I said as she crawled out of bed and sat next to me on the edge of the bed. I wrapped my arm around her shoulders and she leaned against my chest tiredly. We hadn't slept as much as we thought we had. And the mild hangovers I assumed we were both feeling didn't help either.

We sat there together in silence, a bit lost in each other for a few seconds but our moment was short and she soon stood up and made her way across the room. She turned on a lamp and walked over to her pants lying in a ball on the floor. I smiled to myself at the sight of all our clothes scattered across the room. She frantically pulled her phone out of the pocket of her pants and checked her messages. I sneaked up behind her and wrapped my arms around her waist. "What are you doing?"

"Well, do you remember Dr. Hastings from the hospital that checked out Louis and I?"

"God, I knew it. Only the first night together and you're already cheating on me with a doctor." I teased her, earning a light slap on the cheek.

"Silly Irish boy..." She mumbled, shaking her head at me. "Dr. Hastings gave me a number of a friend of his that can help us prove who my real father is." She said as she got dressed, putting on skinny jeans and a sweater.

"And you think he's awake at...6:40am?"

"He's a she and...I don't know. I guess not." She looked down in disappointment.

"Ok, well you try calling him or...her...it...and I'll make us some coffee." She nodded at my suggestion. I put on a white t-shirt and jeans and walked out of the room. It was dark in the hallway but there was a light on in the living room. I didn't think anyone was stupid enough to be awake this early after the long night we had last night. Maybe Paul was up making arrangements for today?

As I walked down the stairs I heard several voices. They seemed...family. I assumed it was our guards discussing football or something. I rounded the corner of the end of the staircase and saw the last person I expected to see...sitting on our couch, eating our food...

Stephen.

How the hell did that bastard get in our house?

What is wrong with this guy? Why can't he let this go? I still don't get it, what did he want with Emily so badly? It must be some kind of power issue. He wants the only thing he can't have.

I walked back up a few steps and croached behind the rail to listen to them.

"This is ridiculous. You've lost your mind, Stephan." One of the guys sitting across from him said.