One: Four Blue Eyes

DISCLAIMER:
The following work will be purely fan-fictional, and the plot is not to be associated with actual historical records.

All the characters in the novel are mainly from the movies Brave (2012), the Frozen franchise (2013 - Present), the How To Train Your Dragon film franchise (2019 - Present), Rise of the Guardians (2013), as well as Tangled (2010). Unless otherwise indicated, all the names, businesses, places, events, and incidents used in the story are either the product of the author's imagination or used in a fictitious manner.

I do not own any of the characters and their original storylines that will be used in this book, only the plot, for they all rightfully belong to and are inspired by the companies Disney, Pixar, Dreamworks, and the names and quotes from people in real life that will be mentioned belong to their respective owners.

Thank you and happy reading! 

✧・゚: - *✧・゚* :・゚- *:・゚✧

CHAPTER ONE:
𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐛𝐥𝐮𝐞 𝐞𝐲𝐞𝐬

❝ ʙᴇ ᴄʟᴇᴀʀʟʏ ᴀᴡᴀʀᴇ ᴏꜰ ᴛʜᴇ ꜱᴛᴀʀꜱ ᴀɴᴅ ɪɴꜰɪɴɪᴛʏ ᴏɴ ʜɪɢʜ.
ᴛʜᴇɴ ʟɪꜰᴇ ꜱᴇᴇᴍꜱ ᴀʟᴍᴏꜱᴛ ᴇɴᴄʜᴀɴᴛᴇᴅ ᴀꜰᴛᴇʀ ᴀʟʟ. ❞

✧・゚: - *✧・゚* :・゚- *:・゚✧

"Merida." —an oh-so-familiar voice called out.

I gulped down the food along with the lump in my throat. Mustered the most genuine smile I can to the voice, careful not to crack. But when has that ever worked? Nothing ever ends good when she calls out my name in that tone, especially at dinner.

"Yes, Mum?" utensils lowered; head lifted. I know she wants me to "listen good and listen well." Look up, make eye contact and, of course... talk.

She sat next to Dad who was silent as he eats but not engulfed in awkwardness like I am. With chicken being tonight's meal, he might as well be up in the moon. Lucky. Still, he was quiet. But tonight, he caught wind of the unpleasant atmosphere and gave me a look that screams 'oh no.'

Oh no, indeed.

We're all too familiar with the events that go down in this house.

Even my three little brothers who only ever mind other people's businesses when they wish to pull a prank on them were caught in the crossfire.

"How's your.... as ye like to call it, 'job hunting' going?"

Crivens. This again.

"t's... just grand." I lied.

"Grand, ye say?" she isn't mad... yet. I should keep the ball rolling. I hope my lying expertise don't fail me now!

"A-aye. Like... I'm seventy-nine percent... on my way to owning a cubicle of my own. You know what they say, it's always the darkest before dawn!" Kill me.

I glanced to see if she bought it. Throwing dust in her eyes was better than flat-out telling her the truth. At least, for the mean time. Forever.

"Mhm." she didn't just lock her eyes with mine, she imprisoned them.

She's definitely not buying it.

"Alright, Merida."

Oh, gods. There it is.