Nine: In The Pale Moonlight

CHAPTER NINE:
𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐩𝐚𝐥𝐞 𝐦𝐨𝐨𝐧𝐥𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

❝ ɢʀᴇᴀᴛ ᴛʜɪɴɢꜱ ᴀʀᴇ ɴᴏᴛ ᴅᴏɴᴇ ʙʏ ɪᴍᴘᴜʟꜱᴇ,
ʙᴜᴛ ʙʏ ᴀ ꜱᴇʀɪᴇꜱ ᴏꜰ ꜱᴍᴀʟʟ ᴛʜɪɴɢꜱ ʙʀᴏᴜɢʜᴛ ᴛᴏɢᴇᴛʜᴇʀ. ❞

✧・゚: - *✧・゚* :・゚- *:・゚✧

"Lassies first." I opened the door, revealing the starry night sky.

She was still in her bartender uniform and Rapunzel was right, I didn't mind her wearing it. Elsa could wear anything at all. A pretty face suits a dish cloth.

"Does Rapunzel even have the power to let you have a night-off?"

"Not really." My face grew hot. 

"So... eh, any plans?" I asked her as we made our way to the endlessness of the sidewalks.

"Hmm," she raises her head to the heavens and sighs, "For my part, I know nothing with any certainty but the sight of the stars make me dream."

Oh? I actually meant 'plans for tonight' but I would never pass an opportunity to start a conversation with her.

"Penny for your thoughts on what those dreams might be that the stars make ye have?" 

"It's not the most unique motivation but, yes, I am working for my family. Anna, especially. For our future. College. Start anew." Of course, she did. She had a goal. She had a dream. She had a destination. 

"College." I looked the other way, Elsa continued to stare at the sky, "Which college?"

"There's this really beautiful and prestigious art college." her eyes start to shimmer again, "Ahtohallan University." she said finally.

"It definitely sounds prestigious."

She shrugs, "It's worlds away but I only want the best for me and for Anna."

No longer was her chin up, instead she now looked straight ahead, like she was done looking into the future and resumed to the present. 

I let her continue, "I plan on working part-time in the morning and afternoon soon, that is, if I can get my sleeping patterns under control." Her eyes were now burnt-out matches.

She wants more. I can't even begin to imagine just how much I don't want that to happen.

Imagine working all day and all night. Now, imagine Elsa working all day and all night. It will bust her to her bones. I wouldn't be able to hang-out with her anymore. It will kill her, inside and out. We'll lose her. She'll lose her. 

But all those possibilities can't even compare to the worst one: she'd lose her passion in art!

"I know it's not in my place to say... but I think ye shouldn't. Yer health is more important than money. Health is wealth, as they say." I said before thinking better of it. 

"You're right," I got a weak smile from her, "I should just let whatever is meant to happen... happen."

Then, I remembered something.

"Whit's fur ye'll no go past ye." 

"Hmm?"

"Whatever is meant to happen to you, will happen to you."