Twelve: A Little Love Is Better Than None

CHAPTER TWELVE:
𝐚 𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐭𝐥𝐞 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐢𝐬 𝐛𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐧 𝐧𝐨𝐧𝐞

❝ ᴛʜᴇ ʜᴇᴀʀᴛ ᴏꜰ ᴍᴀɴ ɪꜱ ᴠᴇʀʏ ᴍᴜᴄʜ ʟɪᴋᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ꜱᴇᴀ, ɪᴛ ʜᴀꜱ ɪᴛꜱ ꜱᴛᴏʀᴍꜱ,
ɪᴛ ʜᴀꜱ ɪᴛꜱ ᴛɪᴅᴇꜱ ᴀɴᴅ ɪɴ ɪᴛꜱ ᴅᴇᴘᴛʜꜱ ɪᴛ ʜᴀꜱ ɪᴛꜱ ᴘᴇᴀʀʟꜱ ᴛᴏᴏ. ❞

✧・゚: - *✧・゚* :・゚- *:・゚✧

Casa Elsa— or Casa Coopers, rather— was a real treat and a half.

The walls were all covered in wallpapers with symmetrical patterns that resemble objects found in nature, and in all kinds of colors, shapes, and sizes. Their living room was decorated better than our entire house alone! Yellow paper lanterns with celestial symbols imprinted on them hung on the ceiling. Their furnishing warranted a call from the Victorian Era, wanting them back. The wooden shelves were filled with picture frames of family portraits, school certificates, and books that would entice Hiccup to plot a plan on how to carefully and strategically borrow them at night whilst everyone was asleep. 

The first thing to greet me as I entered was the smell of fried chicken being cooked along with the noise of the clattering of kitchen utensils and the sizzling oil on a frying pan under a fire.

It smells like home.

"Elsa...?" I heard a groggy feminine voice call from the living room, as if the owner had just woken up from a nap.

"Morning, Anna." 

Strawberry.

From behind the large corner sectioned couch, there peeped Strawberry's head, "Guuuuuys! Elsa's home early and she's brought a friend!"

"Anna, you don't have to announce my arrival all the time." she shakes her head. Nothing could have prepared me for what she mumbled immediately after. "Does everything I do needed to be big deal all the time?" 

I was sure she didn't want me to hear that, but with how close I was standing next to her, I didn't have a choice but to be an audience to her murmurs.

Elsa puts her purse down on a glass table in front of the couch before standing in front of a hanging mirror on the wall enclosed in a golden frame to tie her hair up in a tight ponytail resting on top of her nape, contrasting heavily to the way she let it loose back at the ball. 

"Hello, Merida." Anna's eyes followed me.

I waved back. It was like walking on eggshells. Elsa and I should've gotten our stories straight before she brought me here. I hope my big mouth doesn't try anything tonight... for Elsa's sake.

"You and Elsa seem to be hanging out quite frequently." Oh shit. "May I ask for an enlightenment on what sort of relationship you have with my sister? Hmm?"

She really was related to Rapunzel.

"R-relationship?"

"Yeah. Shall we call it friendly—"

"Aye! Friendly."

"Platonic?"

"I... sure?"

"Not romanti—"

"BUSINESS RELATIONSHIP! Elsa and I have a... business relationship. We're co-workers, see." I said a wee too loud. My cheeks were flaming red hot chili peppers.