Four: How You Get The Girl

CHAPTER FOUR:
𝐡𝐨𝐰 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐠𝐞𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐠𝐢𝐫𝐥

❝ ᴛʜᴇ ʙᴇɢɪɴɴɪɴɢ ɪꜱ ᴘᴇʀʜᴀᴘꜱ ᴍᴏʀᴇ ᴅɪꜰꜰɪᴄᴜʟᴛ ᴛʜᴀɴ ᴀɴʏᴛʜɪɴɢ ᴇʟꜱᴇ,
ʙᴜᴛ ᴋᴇᴇᴘ ʜᴇᴀʀᴛ, ɪᴛ ᴡɪʟʟ ᴛᴜʀɴ ᴏᴜᴛ ᴀʟʟ ʀɪɢʜᴛ. ❞

✧・゚: - *✧・゚* :・゚- *:・゚✧

"Every bit the boar-headed stubborn girl you ever were!" Hiccup scolded me for the sixty-eighth time this hour.

My head was still spinning like a top. So, this was what a hangover felt like the morning after.

"I. Told. You. Not. To. Get. Drunk. Without. Us." Jack clasped his hands together with every word emphasized. Of course, getting scolded the morning after was way worse than these headaches.

"Alright, alright! I'm sorry!"

I didn't know what went through me that I suddenly had this stupidly bold idea that I should drown myself in alcohol last night.

Oh, wait, I remember now.

Elsa.

I peeked back at the two boys in the computer screen on my desk. They both still wore angry and disappointed looks on their face, like I just told them the corniest Dad joke in the world, and they were utterly offended by it. They still weren't convinced. Who could blame them?

I gave up, "Look, I didn't VC ye, lads, to remind me of my mistakes! I'm here to uh..." I trailed off.

Wait, that was what I was doing?

"To... remind you of your mistakes?" From here, I could feel him crossing his arms like an angry mother. He was right, as usual.

Despite vaguely remembering that my last location should be at the House of Rainbows where I practically drugged myself to sleep, I woke up back here in my bed... in my room... in my house. At first, I considered the whole visit to the bar last night was but a dream, but this dreadful headache I arose with told me otherwise.

It was Monday today. Yippee. This meant both Mum and Dad were away for work, and I had to bring my wee brothers to Aunt Maudie today which I'm also a few hours late for already.

Oh, and I had to take Angus for a walk! Ugh.

I couldn't piece together nor even hypothesize what could've happened last night that I ended up back here at home because I just can't remember what I myself did at the bar and the two— or was it three?— shots of Valka. 

All I know is that there are only two possible outcomes to this:

A.) Mum isn't mad at me right now

Or...

B.) Mum is hella mother ducker flipping dipping applesauced rootin' tootin' extra spicy with fries on the side the quick brown fox jumped over the lazy dog furious with me right now.

If she was, I probably wouldn't have woken up on my warm bed but rather on the streets... which didn't happen. But what did happen was that as soon as I woke up, a small note that looked like it was torn off from a notebook in a hurry placed on my bedside table was the first thing to greet me. In a familiar sloppy handwriting, it said...