Eight: Training Wheels

CHAPTER EIGHT:
𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐞𝐥𝐬

❝ ɴᴏʀᴍᴀʟɪᴛʏ ɪꜱ ᴀ ᴘᴀᴠᴇᴅ ʀᴏᴀᴅ: ɪᴛ'ꜱ ᴄᴏᴍꜰᴏʀᴛᴀʙʟᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴡᴀʟᴋ,
ʙᴜᴛ ɴᴏ ꜰʟᴏᴡᴇʀꜱ ɢʀᴏᴡ ᴏɴ ɪᴛ. ❞

✧・゚: - *✧・゚* :・゚- *:・゚✧

"Merida." said the oh-so-familiar voice. Talk about Déjà vu.

"Yes, Mum...?" I gulped down eggs from the All-American breakfast Mum whipped up. She only does this on special days and, judging by tone of her voice when she called for my name, I'm certain it will be a day to remember, indeed.

"Yer birthday's coming up soon." Dodged a bullet there. It's a miracle. No big speech about how disappointed she is in me? This really is a special day.

"Aye, a week from now."

Twenty years old.

As soon as I turned around after washing the dishes, my eyes had grown weak with disgust from the sight of Mum and Dad canoodling with each other like teenagers.

"See you soon, dear." they whisper to each other after pulling away as if they haven't been working in the same school for years.

"Ack, ye love birds are gonna make me boke." they only laugh at me. 

"Merida, your Aunt Maudie is working today." Mum and Dad finally let each other go, "So, why don't you take the boys to the park?"

As soon as those words escaped Mum's mouth, the triplets began to cheer maniacally to themselves, performing square dances on the bear rug as if it were their last day serving their time in prison. I couldn't tell if they were happy to take a trip to touch grass or because they had me as their babysitter for the day.

Oh, these three better behave themselves.

✧・゚: - *✧・゚* :・゚- *:・゚✧

"Harris, watch out for that stone—! Ughk! Hubert, slow down, will ya— Hamish, stop that!"

I sound like my mother.

I could use the extra hand with watching over these three and with keeping my boredom at bay. The best option was Jack. He was the best with children, and he was absolutely adored by the three loose cannons.

Park. Help. Now.

H.H.H.

caaaaaaant ;(((

twerking!

*WORKING

I thought his shifts were in the afternoon? Lad probably wanted to buy Hiccup a gift, that's why he needed a few extra bucks. 

Hiccup's turn. He was like a Hamburger Santa Claus to the triplets. He doesn't visit the house that much because, unlike Jack and I, he actually had hobbies and passions to indulge in when he has free time instead of loitering around like us. He reads, he writes, he draws. The boy was a multiple-trick pony.