Three: Lost My Head

CHAPTER THREE:
𝐥𝐨𝐬𝐭 𝐦𝐲 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐝

❝ ɪ ᴘᴜᴛ ᴍʏ ʜᴇᴀʀᴛ ᴀɴᴅ ꜱᴏᴜʟ ɪɴᴛᴏ ᴍʏ ᴡᴏʀᴋ,
ᴀɴᴅ ɪ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ʟᴏꜱᴛ ᴍʏ ᴍɪɴᴅ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴘʀᴏᴄᴇꜱꜱ. ❞

✧・゚: - *✧・゚* :・゚- *:・゚✧

"Ross." 

"Yo?" Jack took a pause from skating on the old ten-meter-long makeshift ramp he Frankensteined three years ago in this jackyard, releasing exhausted breaths as he walked up to us.

I also just finished my share of time on our Skate Heaven a couple of minutes ago right after I almost fell on my because I was distracted by the sudden arrival of my train of thoughts. It was a bad idea to go along and skate any further if I'm at this state. I don't want to go home with a beaten butt, Mum would beat it even more.

You can already guess what topic of choice my train of thoughts brought for me this time.

That's right, it was Porcelain.

Right next to me was, of course, Hiccup. His nose was stuck in a book, as usual.  This time, it wasn't a textbook but a small leather journal one he uses for sketching. The lad loved to draw in his free time. He's currently, as he calls it, "in the zone." He carried that thing around with him all the time because he said and I quote, 'You'll never know when that million-dollar idea will pop up.'

He was illustrating the red rickety chevy truck whose back we were sitting on as we speak. It rests on top of wooden planks that were just as old. With a door missing, a shattered headlight, and the paint faded from the years of rain and neglection, vegetation started to sprout from the inside.

"Could I have some of that?" Jack points at the tumbler of water between Hiccup and I which the brunette quickly grabbed and handed over to the sweating adult in front of us with grandfather's hair. Jack leaned on to the side of the truck next to him. I laughed at how quickly he gulped the refreshment down. You were just skateboarding, Ross, not lifting weights. 

"Do ye think I could possibly be a descendant of an old Dutch painter from the nineteenth century?" I didn't even try to make my thought sound less insane as Hiccup when he made the decision to believe that dragons are real or that the Earth was flat.

Suddenly, Jack started choking on his water, releasing laughter in between his coughs.

Hiccup immediately closed his book and put it down to comfortingly rub Jack's back in a circular motion. I shot him a glare for laughing.

"You okay?" Jack nods at Hiccup. When continued to finish his drawing, Jack let out an annoying whine.

"W-what?" 

"Not even a forehead kiss?" The Grandfather pouts. I gagged.

Hiccup raised up the pencil he was holding and beat it lightly on Jack's forehead. "There."

Jack frowns, turning mine upside-down. "Hah!"

But my victory was short-lived as Hiccup eventually grabbed the back of Jack's head and pulled it down to his level, giving him the kiss he's been asking for.

"Really?" Hiccup was now the next target of the glare I reserved for Jack earlier. 

"What, you want one too?" 

"Och!" 

Ross stuck out his tongue at me, "Face it, Red. He loves me."

"Okay, fine! I'm Single McSingleton. Stop rubbing it in." I looked away to give them the cold shoulder. Seriously, what am I? An accessory?