Ten: Blue Eyes And Jazz And Attitude

CHAPTER TEN:
𝐛𝐥𝐮𝐞 𝐞𝐲𝐞𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐣𝐚𝐳𝐳 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐚𝐭𝐭𝐢𝐭𝐮𝐝𝐞

❝ ɪ ᴀᴍ ꜱᴇᴇᴋɪɴɢ, ɪ ᴀᴍ ꜱᴛʀɪᴠɪɴɢ,
ɪ ᴀᴍ ɪɴ ɪᴛ ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴀʟʟ ᴍʏ ʜᴇᴀʀᴛ. ❞

✧・゚: - *✧・゚* :・゚- *:・゚✧

Today was the second Friday of June.

Today should've been like any other day.

But it wasn't.

Nor were all the days that came after the night I met her.

Tonight was the night of the oh-so-grand first-ever Aurora Creek Pride Ball, to be held at Teana's because of course it was.

Why it wasn't the House of Rainbows who sponsored the event was beyond me. Can't believe they lost to Tiana.

"Are ye guys sure you're not going?"

"No." 

"Trust me, Merida. If I attended, I would be the life of the party." Jack boasted, "And you wouldn't want Elsa's attention to be taken away from you now, would you?"

"And they couldn't handle all this." Hiccup joins in, gesturing to all of himself before flexing. 

Right now, I was at the pictures place, the Crescent Moon. It was the wee cinemas where Jack worked as the popcorn man, the ticket giver, the ticket tearer, and as the usher. A real doozy.

It was especially hard not to think about her right now what with how the establishment literally being named the Crescent-freaking-Moon.

"At this point, I can't even take your whole 'butterflies in my asshole' episodes seriously anymore." Jack refills the tiny pot in the popcorn machine with more corn seeds before sealing it with a lid. "No offense." 

"H-how is that not offensive?" I slammed my fists on the bar separating Hiccup and I from Grandpa.

"Well, obviously, you've been on way too many dates with Elsa already and all those dates ended with a happy ever after, didn't they? Now, you're going on a date with her again. You got this in the bag!" He did have a point. "Haven't you seen, smelt, and felt her enough that you won't get the heebie jeebies when you're around her anymore? You should have confessed a long time ago and have already hooked up!"

"I concur with that observation, Dr. Ross." Hiccup raises a finger, making me want to raise a certain finger at him too. Cheeky bastards.

Ain't no way I'm letting them win.

"First of all, Dr. Ross, I've only been on two dates with her. The visits at the bar don't count. That's like saying you've dated every customer here at the cinemas." 

"Like I said, way too many times." He shrugs. I look over to the brunette for help, but all I got was a second shrug. Some friends.

I continued after another eye roll, "Second, 'smelt' means to melt a rock or whatever. It's not the past tense of 'smell', you dobby." 

And no, I wasn't sure about that. I found that if you say something confidently enough, people are sure to believe you. Guess which friend I got that from.

"Woah ho-hoah! Look at you! Hung out with Elsa for two weeks and now you're Grammar Nazi 2.0!" 

See?