Seven: Do You Have To Let It Linger?

CHAPTER SEVEN:
𝐝𝐨 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐥𝐞𝐭 𝐢𝐭 𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐫?

❝ ᴀʀᴛ ɪꜱ ᴛᴏ ᴄᴏɴꜱᴏʟᴇ ᴛʜᴏꜱᴇ ᴡʜᴏ ᴀʀᴇ ʙʀᴏᴋᴇɴ ʙʏ ʟɪꜰᴇ. ❞

✧・゚: - *✧・゚* :・゚- *:・゚✧

"Why... are you wearing that?" 

Though it may seem simple and all, Jack and Hiccup were still astonished to catch me dead in my outfit for the day. Come on, lads, a green flannel? Whatever is so life-changing about this?

I tapped my foot repeatedly on the wooden floors of the coffee shop of Teana's, where Elsa and I were supposed to meet up. I looked like I was about to pray to the porcelain god. Every emotion known to man; I was experiencing it all simultaneously.

Jack and Hiccup didn't tell me to stop or 'calm thine tits.' They know I won't stop regardless. 

I wonder what she would wear today. I only ever see her in her uniform. I can't picture anything else. Will she wear something extravagant? Is that what people wear to museums? Was I overdressed? Underdressed, even?!

"Today was the day." 

"Ohhh!" It finally hit them.

"Then what the Helheim did you bring us here for?" Hiccup raised his arms, "Shouldn't you two be alone together?"

"Y-yeah, about that." 

I heard Jack snort, "You're nervous, aren't you!" he asked but it was more of a statement than a question.

I remained silent.

"Oh, Merida Blythe Van Gogh."

"Oi, it's my first ever date, ye twallies. Of course, I have the heebie-jeebies!"

"Mer, oh, Mer." I immediately regret this decision.

"I brought ye two here to calm my nerves, not cause me further unrest!" 

"Like, how? Give you a pep talk or something?"

"Ah dinnae ken!" What was I even thinking?

"No, we're just messing with you." Hiccup gives me a reassuring smile.

"I'm not." Grandpa snickers. Bastard. Hiccup gives him a look that turned his mischievous grin upside-down immediately. Damn, I wish I had that power over this idiot too.

"Well, for starters—" Jack suddenly steps on my foot which I didn't know I was aggressively tapping on the floor, stopping it. I thanked him with my eyes.

"Jack and Hiccup!" a female voice calls from the counter. It was Tia. The two had to debate on who gets to fetch their orders. Hiccup lost in the end.

"Merida, you need to know that Elsa's chill. I'm sure you know that very well by now. Don't be stressing out as if you're– you're preparing for a job interview." Hiccup returns with both their drinks in hand.

I doubt I'd be as nervous for a job interview, to be honest.

"It's not like she's gonna eat you." Jack gives a malicious wink, "...unless you want to?"

The butterflies in my stomach turned into termites, consuming me from the inside out. I punched him hard. He winces in pain, giving me much satisfaction. 

"Ye fannybaws! I don't want her like that!" my cheeks were the same shades as the fires of Hell. These two may be very sexually driven for each other but that was never the case for me on Elsa! Gads, I don't even want to elaborate on this. It's like I'm wasting her honor.