Thirteen: Miss Americana And The Heartbreak Prince

CHAPTER THIRTEEN:
𝐦𝐢𝐬𝐬 𝐚𝐦𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐜𝐚𝐧𝐚 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐛𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐤 𝐩𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐜𝐞

❝ ᴀ ɢʀᴇᴀᴛ ꜰɪʀᴇ ʙᴜʀɴꜱ ᴡɪᴛʜɪɴ ᴍᴇ, ʙᴜᴛ ɴᴏ ᴏɴᴇ ꜱᴛᴏᴘꜱ ᴛᴏ ᴡᴀʀᴍ
ᴛʜᴇᴍꜱᴇʟᴠᴇꜱ ᴀᴛ ɪᴛ, ᴀɴᴅ ᴘᴀꜱꜱᴇʀꜱ-ʙʏ ᴏɴʟʏ ꜱᴇᴇ ᴀ ᴡɪꜱᴘ ᴏꜰ ꜱᴍᴏᴋᴇ. ❞

✧・゚: - *✧・゚* :・゚- *:・゚✧

Damn, do I have some serious beef with the universe right now.

Her parents didn't deserve a time of day in my brain, and I am seriously going to swing a punch at that Prince lad when I lay my eyes on him. Arrows would be best, but I don't think me going to prison will do what happened to Elsa any justice.

"You okay?" Porcelain draws me back to reality. This lass. She asks me if I was alright. My feelings are irrelevant, Porcelain.

"I'm okay." We returned smiles like we were giving gifts.

"The night is beautiful, isn't it? The night is more richly colored than the day." I was certain she quoted my alleged great great great great grandpapa again, as she does. It was a sign, hopefully, that she was alright.

But if there was one thing I learned at all from tonight is that she's a world class pretender. An actress. 

"Aye, it is." but I wasn't looking at the starry night sky; I was looking at this lass right here, who puts those stars to shame.

As she continued to praise the heavens, I cupped my hands to blow on and rub together on my shoulders to spread a wee bit of heat on me, no thanks to the frigidity of the night gnawing at my body.

For the first time in forever, I saw the rainbow stamp on my wrist that the Rainbow Turtleneck Guy had jabbed on us earlier. It was quite faded now since my dishwashing earlier at the Casa Cooper. I smiled again. There are a lot of things that had happened tonight that I couldn't believe happened at all, but my favorite was the unchangeable fact that Elsa was my date for the ball. 

She danced with me, judged chocolates with me, assumed other people's genders with me, executed moronic plans of matchmaking with me, undid hair buns with me, and just overall spent time with me.

I wish this night would never end.

But know it will and I know it has to. I wish I could prolong this moment with her. Nothing will ever beat this. The days and nights that will come along after could never be good enough to even claim the second-best spot. 

Most of all, I can't let her go home with a heavy heart. 

Unfortunately, I got to let her go. I don't know what else we could do this late tonight.

I no longer doubted her intentions with me, whether I was an experiment or project to her. I was ashamed to even think those thoughts in the first place. She trusted me. I could see I mean something to her. I mean, I don't exactly know yet what it was, but I'm honored above all else. I'll find out soon, if she lets me.

I looked at Elsa, who was still very much awestricken with the beauty of the night, and I was hit by a dumb idea.

"Elsa."