Three...

Phichit...

  It was for the best. Those words replayed in my mind as I hide from the site of Skates or Viktor's mafia group. I felt disgusted with myself with how I had to treat Yuuri.

  I know it was better to act like that though. Because honestly, I care about Yuuri he's like my little brother.

   He wouldn't be killed anymore...

  It was best for him...

  It was best...

Victor...

  What happened? What's wrong with him?

  Yuuri was laying on the ground back facing us. I walked to him grabbing his shoulder so he would lay on his back.

  He must have passed out from fatigue which would make the most sense. 

  I picked him up bridal style and motioned the rest to follow behind as we walked back.

  I walked back into the house calmly picking the closest room of the mansion to lay him in. Thankfully it wasn't overly dusty like the other rooms here were.

  I left him in the room and locked the door as I left. 

  Now the more pressing matter was at hand. What were we going to do with him and what happened?

  I made conversation with Yuri about the subject. Otabek threw in comments every once in a while otherwise stared at Yuri with love or lust. I couldn't tell with them sometimes.

  Eventually, Minami heard rustling and rushed into Yuuri's room excited. I stalked into the room a few minutes after the kid. When I walked in he was excitedly talking about how he fixed the glasses the were no residing on Yuuri's nose.

  He looked far away. He didn't have the fire I saw before.

  I sat on the chair opposite to Minami. 

  "What happened." that small statement seemed to break him out of his trance. "I was..er... attacked." he'd say softly avoiding my gaze. 

   "By who?" I'd ask leaning in closer. He stayed quiet but I could tell even if I hadn't known Yuuri long he was an open book to me. "It was Phichit." 

  He nodded softly pulling his knees to his chest. Minami hopped onto the bed and hugged him. I just sat there thinking.

  "I won't ever take my eyes off you, Yuuri", I'd mumble softly.

    He looked scared at the mumble that escaped my lips which must have been a little too loud.

   "I mean I'll protect you, Idiot", I'd say defensively. He'd nod smiling, "thanks."

    I felt my cheeks heat up, "I.. er... Minami we should let Yuuri get some rest." 

  "B-But..." I'd look at him making him stop short and nod his head softly.

  I locked the door as I walked out of his room.

 Yuuri...

  My world has always been dark. There was the time I decided life could stop short for me. I never killed myself though I'm too stubborn for that.

  I just gave up easily on stuff. I didn't last long in relationships and it was probably my fault. My own bad life was my choice.

  That's what I was told all my life. I now have no idea why I'm alive or why Viktor said that. I closed my eyes laying on the sofa bed for seemingly the first time in my life.