Twelve....

~~~

  10 months later...

"Yuuri get up! We got to go!"

"Let him sleep I'll carry him out."

I heard muffled voices as I felt warmth being ripped away from me. In annoyance, I opened one of my eyes to see Viktor holding me. "What are you doing?"

"We have to go," he mumbled loud enough so only I could hear. 

"But why and it's so early too," I complained.

He hugged me closer, "Just trust me and go back to sleep."

"Fine.. fine," I nodded off to sleep once more. 

.

I woke up only a few minutes later to gunshots. I rolled out of someone's arms -most likely Viktor's- and landed with a thud to the pavement. I sharply inhaled at the injuries I had probably sustained to my hands.

"Explain now."

"The cops randomly showed up here yelling to give you back."

"It's been ten months since the mall hasn't it." 

"Um, yea Yuuri it has."

I slid the ring off my finger and put it in Viktor's hand, "I can buy you some time their here for me."

"No way Yuuri there has to b-" 

Before he could finish a cry was heard then silenced. Yuri and Otabek had been killed. "Viktor, please don't let any more of their deaths be on me!"

"Don't let your death be on me."

"Yuuri I can't lose you."

"You're not going to lose me."

He rested his forehead against mine, "Just stay with me please."

I bit my lip and looked up into his closed eyes. "I-"

Before I could finish he leaned down into my lips. It wasn't a passionate kiss it was just a soft one, like one that you'd see in a kids movie.

Then nothing.

I opened my eyes to watch in horror as Viktor slumped to the ground. I felt the world slow down as though someone decided to put a slow motion on it. Viktor slid his ring off and tightened my hand around it, "Did I forget to tell you that I love you? Because if I did I love you, Yuuri."

I was crying into his hair as he stopped breathing and fell to the ground with a thump. Morooka came and kicked him out of the way and threw me over his shoulder. 

He sat me in the passenger seat of the police car and drove me to my house.

I stumbled to my room and fell face first into the pillow.

~~~

I'm sorry.

With love, 

Ellie