Nemetons And Argents

Me and Sammy head back to the shabby hotel we were staying at. We pack up our belongings and leave as soon as possible. I've had a bad feeling since hearing the kids voice over the phone. We decided to head to Bobby's first to ask him what a Nemeton is. None of dad's books talk about it or how one would activate it. Sammy's been searching the internet but it just keeps leading him to pictures of trees. And so we have nothing.

It's late morning the next day by the time we arrived. I pull up in front of Bobby's and I see him in the shed near the house. Sam and I climbed out of the car and call out to him.

"Bobby, Hey." He turns to us surprised. And that's when I realized we forgot to give him a heads up.

"Boys? Did ya say you were coming?" Sam hugs him.

"No Bobby we forgot we actually need some help." Bobby sighed and took the dirty worn rag off his shoulders.

"Of course you boys do. What do you need?" I gave him a sheepish look. But Sammy spoke up first,

"Actually I've wanted to know if you ever heard of a Nemeton before. Apparently, it's some type of tree." Bobby looked thoughtful.

"I don't see anything supernatural about a tree. But if you know what it is then what do you need?"

We started to gradually walk back into the house.

"Actually we just wanted to know what you know about and how one would go about activating one." Bobby picked up a few books. And sat at his desk.

"Let me search for a bit, have a beer and help me." Sam nodded and grabbed 3 beers and sat near Bobby and grabbed some more books on trees. I sighed. I hate research but for the family right. So I sighed deeply before sitting down and reading. More drinking than reading but hey I tried.

It took 3 hours before we got anything and what we got wasn't much. In the end, all we knew for sure that it was a tree and that they appeared all over the world. And that they were a beacon for the supernatural, meaning they drew the supernatural to them. But that's all we got. Basically, we were going in blind. Which not great but not weird for us.

We all had our faces in books when a shrill ring sounded throughout the room. I saw Sammy jump a bit. Apparently it was Bobby's cell. He looked at the number and some weird looked crossed his face. He looked at us briefly but still put the phone to his ear.

"Hey, kid." I looked at Sam in question but he just shrugs his shoulders.

"Ah, I see that makes sense." He looks at me and Sam again. But he's not saying much just listening to whoever was on the other side of the phone. So I guess me and Sam just sat back and waited, we could ask after. Bobby sighed after a minute.

"Yeah." Bobby held up a hand and asked,

"Hey, I have a question, Have ya ever heard of a Nemeton?" I looked at the phone I didn't think Bobby was talking to a Hunter. But me and Sam perked up wanting to know more what was going to happen. There was a long pause in between. Then Bobby asked,

"I wanted to know if you ever heard of activating one? Have you ever come across one?" Sam was waiting like a puppy it was hilarious. Bobby picked up a pen and started to scribble stuff down. Sam stood up to see what he wrote. I just continued sipping my beer and watched Bobby.

"Right thanks kid. That's farther than we'd of gotten. And I'll give him a call. Talk to you another time." Bobby ended the call after a beat. Sam asked first.

"Who was that Bobby?" Bobby put down the pen,

"Just a hunter I meet a while ago and helped him hunt a Wendigo. And we did a few more hunts after that good guy." I nodded,

"So he knew about the tree?" Bobby picked up the paper.

"Yeah, he told me he dealt with one before and told me about another hunter who worked with him on it. Where are you guys heading to find this Nemeton?" Sam picked up his phone and swiped at a note he wrote that was basically directions to wherever Stiles lived.

"Uh,Beacon Hills California." Bobby had a weird look on his face,

"Huh weird." I stand up,

"What's weird?"

"Well the contact, the other hunter he lives in Beacon Hills. I meet him doing a job over there." Sam looked interested.

"You worked a job in Beacon Hills?" Bobby sighed.

"Yeah not too long ago, It was a demon. We took care if it. Fairly quick." I sighed in relief. Bobby took care of the demon we were hoping didn't kill our cousin. At least I know there's no imidate demon threat.

"Good. That's good. So who's this other hunter that lives in Beacon Hills." Bobby pulls out his cell phone again.

"His name is Chris Argent. He's from an old line of hunters who only for the most part hunt werewolves." When he says werewolves he gets this sour look on his face. But it's only there for a second before its gone like it never happened.

"But recently most of his family got wiped out on a bad hunt. I've only meet Chris Argent and his daughter." Man, that's tough, growing up in this life than losing family. Like most hunters didn't have experience in it. Still not that it didn't suck for the girl.

"All right lets give this Chris of yours a call and see whats up with this stupid tree.

Stiles POV:

"Hey Bobby I have a problem." I'm in my room sitting in a chair tapping my leg in a weird inconsistent rhythm.

"My cousins are coming over. You know Sam and Dean."

"Ah, see that makes sense." I suddenly realized something.

"Oh my god Bobby they said they were coming to see you. Are they there now?" Bobby sighed over the phone.

"Yeah." I was going to go crazy. Why is all this shit happening to me right after the other.

"Well, what are they saying?" But Bobby suddenly switch conversation topics.

"Hey, I have a question have ya ever heard of a Nemeton?" I froze. What why was he asking about that. I never told him about that. No one mentioned it.

"Why?" I hear papers rustling. And movement on the other end.

"I wanted to know if you ever heard of activating one? Have you ever come across one?" I was quite for a while. This was bad, how did Sam and Dean hear about it. It's not like anyone said anything. I mean the freak storms from the Darach were talked about on the news and stuff but it never caught attention before. So why now?

"Remeber the Darach I told you about. Yeah well, she was making ritual sacrifices to it and tried to become a powerful dark druid. But as the final sacrifices she took my dad, Chris and Scotts mom. So Alli, Scott and I sacrificed ourselves to save them. But we somehow activated it in the end." I picked up a pen and started twirling it in between my fingers,

"But if you want more info call Chris he tracked the tree and knows a lot about it." Bobby nodded over the phone I could hear the rustling of the phone.

"Right thanks kid. That's farther than we'd of gotten. And I'll give him a call. Talk to you another time." I sighed,

"Tell me everything as soon as they leave." I hung up and sighed. So much to do so little time. I looked at the clock on my computer. I guess I'll go bring my dad some lunch and drop this problem on him.