Chapter 2

School. Yay. I waved to my "parents" and walked to Francoise Dupont, cursing. I hated them. They were a simple cover up, of course. Hired actors, not my real parents. And I have no idea how on earth I got my midnight black hair with dark blue highlights naturally but my "mother" made sure to dye it so people could see the resemblance. I cracked my neck, ready for another day of school. As ready as I'd ever be anyway. It's just... school is so BOOOOOOOOOORING. Who on earth said we humans had to go to school anyway? Can one of you super freaking awesome scientists of the 21st century please invent a time machine so I can go back in time and kill him and his family? PLEASE.

I ran in, pretending to be flushed and flustered. Oh, sorry I'm late Ms. Bustier, I didn't want to come. I eyed Adrien and Nino from my seat, noting that Adrien was keeping his head low and had a cap on. Sure he looked great in it but I was confused. I shrugged and turned to my friend Alya.

"Alya. What's up with Adrien?"

"Don't know-"

"Ms. Cesaire, please do not disturb my class."

"Sorry Ms. Bustier." Nino chuckled and Alya restrained herself before she smacked his head. I rolled my eyes. If that teacher had a brain she wouldn't try the bestfriend of the likes of me but I was undercover so whatevs. I'd been undercover since I was younger so I knew how to play the role. Alya caught me eyeing Adrien and nudged me with a smug smile on her face.

"Looks like someone's staring at Adrien again."

"AM NOT-" it was part of my cover. To be like numerous girls who had fallen for super rich famous big time model Adrien Agreste. I found the boy interesting but I had more important things to care about.

"Quiet. Would you like to continue your conversation in the principal's office?"

"No Ms. Bustier." We said in unison. Keeping our heads down like sweet, innocent little high school girls.

"Good." I walked out of class with Alya, poking her playfully for almost getting me into trouble when I tripped. You see I'm pretty graceful as Ladybug but the real me? Well... let's just say I try to be her as little as possible. Cause when others see the girl under the mask, the girl who isn't confident or smart or graceful like Ladybug? When they see me, the real me, Marinette Dupain-Cheng? They were bound to hate her so I didn't bother sticking around as her when I got back to my father's place. I was preparing myself to land on the ground when, lo and behold, golden boy steps out of the blue and grabs my arms.

He smiled at me gently and I blushed immediately. But chill out, that blush was not real and I do not like him. I just use him to practice blushing and keep my cover. Besides, I'm not much to look at anyway. Not to talk of being girlfriend material with my double life? Nope. Sorry Agreste.

#preparedtodiealone

And then while I stood there in his arms, fake stuttering with Alya squealing somewhere in the distance, the blonde demon from hell popped up out of nowhere.

"ADRIKINS!" I winced and mentally covered my ears. She wrapped her arm around him and turned to me.

"What're you doing here?"

Breathing? Existing? Trying not to assassinate you because of your stupidity? Are you blind or something? Do you need medicine or mental help for your stupidity cause I would gladly give you a buck or two to fix your brain. It's part of the goody goody act after all. Being... nice.

I forced on a smile, my eyes twitching for the slightest moment as I looked at the blonde, deciding on the most painful, slow and torturous ways to kill her. I was just imagining her screams of agony when Adrien stood in front of me.

"Chloe, leave her alone!" Oh so what you're a hero now? I mentally rolled my eyes. Rich kids. They think they own the world. She rolled her eyes, probably deciding I wasn't worth chipping her expensive nail polish. It's nauseating just being in the same room as the idiot.

"Whatever Maritrash. Bye Adrikins!" She kissed his cheek and looked smugly at me. I faked a heartbroken face, laughing at her desperation and foolishness on the inside. Poor insecure, lonely little Chloe. I watched her strut off with Sabrina obediently following, disgusted. She doesn't have a clue on how much dirt I have on her. I know everything. For emergencies of course ;)

"Sorry about that Marinette."

"S-sure A-Adrien. Th-thanks." I kissed him on the cheek without thinking and facepalmed. I walked away from him without looking back. He seemed a bit out of sync. He had been like that every once in a while for the past few months. From my research, his mother is gone to who knows where, no one knows of her whereabouts. His father is pretty hard to read though. Seems like he might neglect Adrien a bit. Aww. Poor baby.

After school I walked to home, to my real home by myself as usual to train. I was definitely not wearing this though. Something more bold and dark would be fine.