Chapter 25

"Bugaboo..." He took the gun from me and sighed. "Are there bullets in this? Marinette Dupain-Cheng are there bullets?!"

I shut my mouth and shrugged. He pointed it to the ceiling and pulled the trigger. I smirked when I heard the bang and some cement powder fell on his head. He swallowed and took a deep breath before reaching a hand out to me. "Let's go somewhere."

I shook my head but he dragging me. I resisted till he flat out picked me up and walked towards the door. I glanced at the people claiming to be ny parents and looked away quickly, suddenly eager to leave. I pressed my head into his chest and opened my eyes when he put me down in front of a car.

I looked around quietly, taking in my surroundings. I was too bothered by the headaches and memories to see where I was before but now... I could see everything. It was beautiful. The building resembled some ancient temples, it was painted a dark grey with statues lining the outside placed on the two sides of the path to the large wooden door with inscriptions beneath them on plaques. The first two were Ladybug on the left and Chat Noir on the right then Rena Rouge and Jade Turtle on the left and right respectively, ending with Hawkmoth and Steel Peacock. There were great okame cherry trees around the building with their pink leaves dropping gently to the ground.

Adrien gestured for me to enter the car. I rose an eyebrow, wondering how exactly he had gotten it but entered anyway. I was afraid to look at Adrien so I stared at the window, smiling a little from seeing all the people and buildings as we zoomed off to an unknown destination. I finally gained enough confidence and turned to him.

His eyes met mine from the rear view mirror. His face was hard and he was holding the steering wheel so hard his knuckles were going white. I rolled my eyes, wondering why he was acting so serious about it. It's not like I was actually planning on killing myself or anything. I was just... contemplating it. He stopped and I looked around, realising I had zoned out for a while. I frowned. We were outside some land which was barred and had the word SOLD in bold letters on the steel gate.

"Come on." I rose an eyebrow when he climbed over with ease and started to climb when I felt pain in my shoulder. I remembered it still needed healing and shook my head silently. "Why?" I pointed at the general wounded area. He blinked, still confused. I pulled down my shirt, ignoring the way his eyes widened amd showed him the deep gash in my shoulder. I had taken out the knife and cleaned myself up while I was in the room.

He climbed over to the top of the gate and jumped down with ease. "Piggyback." I sent him a funny look but he was completely serious. It was weird to see him so focused. Kinda scary, to be honest. I got myself positioned on his back and held on to his neck, wrapping my legs around his waist to make sure I didn't fall. He scaled the gate once again and put me down. I sighed and decided to speak.

"Where are we and what are we doing here."

"Ooh, she speaks."

"She has a dagger."

"He has a gun." I shrugged and smirked.

"Pretty sure I can take you, gun and all." He stared at me, smiling unconsciously. I tilted my head to the side. "Adrien, everything okay?"

"Why do you have to look so pretty and so kissable at every single moment? It drives me insane, you know." I bit my lip and smiled. He frowned. "Don't do that." I dropped my lip from between my teeth and followed him nervously. Clearly we weren't suppose to be there and I could only hope we wouldn't be caught.

"So banana boy, what're we-"

"Here." He reached the gun out to me. I hesitated then took it, puzzled. "There are still bullets, right?"