Chapter 4

I was walking through the park to my fake home, my stomach churning. Chat Noir was running through my head, that silly cat with the flirty smile, and I couldn't get him out. It didn't really help that he was gonna visit me. Yeah, my civilian form is friends with the idiot. And I'm going to have to kill him. I'm going to have to kill my kitty. For a moment I felt my emotions nearly get the best of me as tears threatened to spill out of my eyes but I held it all in instead, forcing them back.

Felix crossed my mind and I shuddered. We were friends once. He wasn't such an awful person and I... But that was a long time ago. People change. He was hardened by that stupid akuma and now, the real him I knew was gone. He had tried to get out of this life. He wanted to escape Hawkmoth and become good but he was caught and Hawkmoth ensured he would never disobey him again. As for the girl he wanted to escape with, she went AWOL years ago. No one knows what happened to her. I never saw her in my life to be honest and assumed Hawkmoth had finished her off.

My thoughts were interrupted when I was grabbed by the waist and roughly shoved to a brick wall. My eyes focused on Felix's cold blue eyes. He held my neck against the wall with one hand, cupping my cheek with the other. I tried to fight back but he pressed himself against me. His steel grip had me struggling for air but I couldn't help but look at him. His hair was messy, his eyes clouded with guilt, remorse, pain, anger, emptiness and a bunch of other negative emotions. I tried to remain calm and seem confident but my voice betrayed me.

"F-Felix what-t are y-you doi-" he rose a hand to his lips, expressionless. I mentally facepalmed at my stupidity and straightened up, trying to put some Ladybug confidence into my voice. "Felix, get your arms off me before I-"

"Where did you go Bridgette? You swore to me that the plan would work, you swore we would be safe with your uncle and aunt at their house, you swore to me on you parents' graves Bridgette..." tears ran down his face and I could only stand there, shocked. Bridgette? Was that the girl he fell in love with? I held his face in my hands, feeling the dampness against his cheeks and wiped the tears away with my palm. Felix never cried. He must have loved her. I wonder what it feels like. I was bursting with curiosity so rather than knock him unconscious, I attempted to pry out information.

"Where is Bridgette now Felix?" He looked up, eyes wide as if he were just seeing me for the first time. My heart nearly broke. He sounded less cold and more... Felix. It took everything in me not to hug him. "Tell me what happened to her so I can help you."

"Don't you know Bridgette? We were leaving and then the alarm sounded. I-I tried so hard to save you but they dragged you to your room. When I got there you were gone. You didn't even leave me a note! I've spent years thinking you were dead angel." There was so much love in his eyes, so much anguish I almost choked on my own emotions but I held it in and shook my head sadly.

"Look Felix, you need to get yourself to bed. I'm not Bridgette, I'm Marinette. I need you to-"

"NO! YOU ARE BRIDGETTE! DON'T SAY THAT! I'm so glad you're back. I think I'm going crazy... I don't know what to do anymore Bridgette." He leaned closer to me, closing the gap between us. Against my will, he pressed his lips against mine. I tried to pull away, I did but he had me pinned against that wall. I couldn't escape him, even if I wanted to. He pulled away for air and I gasped and sputtered, begging him to release me.

"S... stop... please..." a sick, twisted smile played on his lips. My heart beat sped up when he trailed a claw down my skin, drawing a thin red line across my face. He shook his head and chuckled darkly.

"You're mine. I'm yours. Forever and always. There is no way I'm letting you go now my angel." I felt powerless as he forced his tongue into my throat after wounding me to get me to allow him access. I felt violated... powerless... weak... I couldn't do anything. I felt nothing but pain, numbness and hatred for him and for myself and I knew if he continued like this, it wouldn't be long before I was completely stripped of the little dignity I had left. I could do nothing. In those moments, I knew that I, Marinette Dupain-Cheng, was nothing.

Adrien's POV

I was taking a walk through the park, well aware that it was past midnight. I was tired of patrolling and I wanted to walk around for a while. I had gone to visit my purrincess but for some reason she wasn't at home so I just detransformed. The city looked so beautiful in moonlight. It was by that moonlight I caught a glimpse of something I had never wished to see.

There was a girl against a wall and a young man and I could only imagine what they were doing. I felt sick to the stomach, assuming it was just two disgusting lovesick teenagers but when I heard the weak whimpers from the girl I second guessed myself. As I sneaked closer to inspect them I was shocked to find her bluebell eyes filled with tears, moreso when I saw who exactly the girl was. I gritted my teeth, not bothering to transform back into Chat Noir cause Plagg was tired and ran up to them, angrily. With effort, I shoved him away from her small frame and held her close. She looked up, small sobs escaping her throat as she looked up to see who exactly her saviour was. Her eyebrows furrowed in adorable confusion- wait what?

"Adrien?"