Chapter 17

"Ow... what happened?" Yesterday, I was supposed to kill Chat. Why couldn't I remember? I turned to Tikki looking for some sort of explanation but she just shrugged.

"Come on, you're late for school." I rolled my eyes and got myself ready. I stepped into the school building and went through some boring classes, rubbing my temples in a feeble attempt to jog my memory. I was walking down the hallway to meet Alya when someone suddenly grabbed my hand and dragged me to a secluded area. My first reaction was to stab my unknown assailant but the place was too full of witnesses. It was... huh.

"A-A-Adrien! Wh-what are you d-doing-"

"Why are you stuttering?" I rose an eyebrow at the question and kept quiet. He was acting as if we knew each other. The truth was, I still couldn't remember the events of the night before. I needed to act as innocent as possible because I was still freaking out in my head and acting innocent was a role I was used to. "Anyway, it doesn't matter. I know your secret."

"W-w-what secret? I don't gave any s-secrets-"

"I know you're Ladybug. The jig is up." Shoot. I stiffened before leaning on the lockers. I eyed him down slowly and folded my arms in my last line of defence.

"I don't know what you're talking about-"

"Stutter gone already Ladybug?" I sighed and stared at him. How on earth did he find out?

"Okay, how did you find out?"

"None of your business."

"Rude much?" He shrugged with a huge grin on his face. Huh. Maybe banana boy wasn't as innocent as I thought. Go figure.

"You deserve worse than that." Ouch. I rolled my eyes.

"Well Mr. Goody two shoes, I guess it's off to jail for me!" I held out my wrists, trying to hide my smile. He stared at me for a moment before he grabbed both my wrists and pinned me against the lockers. He brought his lips close to my ear and whispered.

"Now why would I do that?" I stiffened slightly and rose my head, suddenly overcome by fear. I masked it behind a calm face. What exactly did the boy want with me? "I wonder the benefits of blackmailing a supervillain."

That's an... interesting perspective." To tell you the truth, I was shocked. This was a new side of Adrien I had never seen. I kinda liked it.

"Wanna sit together for lunch?" I rose an eyebrow. Of all the things he could have asked me to do, he just wanted me to sit with him?

"You just can't get enough, can you?" He shook his head, smirked and wrapped his arm around my waist. There was a mischievous glint in his eye.

"What's this for?"

"How's about we give everyone a shock m'lady?" I smiled sadly, my thoughts going back to Chat Noir but I pushed them away. I had plenty of time to think about it later. I needed to understand Adrien first. That was my priority.

"My lady? Really? Such a gentleman."

Yes princess, very important to use nicknames as a couple." Princess? For a second, I imagined him with messy hair and a black leather suit before I stopped myself.

"Couple?"

"Blackmail?" I pouted, pretending to be defeated. I was actually on cloud 9 though. This was gonna be fun. "I thought you'd agree."

We walked across the courtyard headed to the cafeteria, our arms linked. I watched the heads of my classmates turn to us in shock and smiled a little, leaning against him a bit more.

"I think I'm starting to like this kitten." I frowned when he froze. Don't get me wrong, I was already preparing to die alone but the thought of being with someone I would never have a chance with just made me giddy inside. Why he chose me though, I was yet to understand.