Chapter 23

"Ah, I see someone else has joined the party. Pleasure to meet you. You're 'Chat' right?" Chat Noir nodded slowly and smiled.

"How'd you guess?"

"The ears and tail kinda gave it away." I tapped my foot lightly. We were in the motel again. We were planning on going straight to Master Fu but there were too many villains about and our miraculouses started beeping before we could finish. We each had about a minute left and I was freaking out because I wasn't ready to watch Chat Noir detransform into Adrien. While Felix went through the bag, Chat nudged my shoulder.

"Hey, good job with him. It must've been hard but it was clearly the right step cause he's a changed person and all. A changed person who hurt you-" I punched his shoulder, waving it off like it was nothing, which it wasn't. The truth was, every once in a while I had a mini panic attack just from staring into Felix's eyes. I shut my eyes and smiled as bright as possible. Adrien rolled his eyes.

"Well that's a pretty huge-" Felix started but Adrien finished it up for him.

"Fake smile." They both looked at each other before looking away. It seemed things were getting tense. Then Felix stopped, picking up the picture of Emilie Agreste.

"Hi there, mom... long time no see..."

"A picture of your mom? Can I see-" I grabbed the frame and slammed it face down on the table. The boys looked at me then at each other, sharing a look which said "she's crazy" all over their faces. I facepalmed and put all the items back in the bag.

The miraculouses beeped for the last time and I sighed. Felix smirked. "Hey Chat, can't wait to see your civillian form. You too bug eyes."

I rolled my eyes, wondering what his reaction would be. He didn't remember anything from when he was akumatised so he would probably just act polite and all. "Adrien! I-it's you... how are you?"

"You remember me?"

"Uh... nope, not really but come on, who hasn't heard of the Adrien Agreste, Mr. Super-rich model." Adrien chuckled at the comment but I folded my arms, feeling unconvinced. I understood exactly why he was acting like that but it wasn't something I was ready to explain to Adrien. All that was left was to get to Master Fu. I handed Tikki a few cookies and met the other kwamis, Adrien's kwami Plagg and Felix's, Guerre. He was an adorable furry grey wolf kwami who resented being called cute. They all got on pretty well. Tikki flew over to me when she was done and sat on my shoulder.

"So, how are you holding up?" I was going to ask her to explain but then my eyes drifted to Adrien scolding Plagg and I sighed.

"I have so much to ask him and I really want to kill him but I kinda need him to get to Master Fu so I can't do that." She smiled and patted my hair. "Guys, I think we should get going. Also, you and I are gonna have a nice long chat after this banana boy."

He gulped and nodded. Felix made kissy faces and I kicked him in the shin. He yelped and glared at me before yelling out "Guerre, fangs out!" He stuck out his tongue at me and headed for the window. "Last one to Master Fu's is an awful superhero!"

He jumped out of the window and I facepalmed when he was grabbed by Gigantica. Idiot. "He really doesn't remember anything, does he?"

"Nope."

"Weird. Ah well. Plagg, claws out!" I watched him transform and cleared my throat. He winked and jumped out of the window as well, using his baton to propel himself to Gigantica's head. They were both so alike. Not like the front door was broken or anything. I transformed and stepped out, mentally preparing myself for battle.

. . .

A while later, we were almost at Master Fu's and exhausted. We didn't have much time left till we detransformed so we all hid in the shadows, trying to avoid as many villains as we could. I was tiptoeing, trying my best not to lash out but I couldn't stop my tongue.