Chapter 3

I walked to my home- my real home- slowly, my heart throbbing in my chest. Father wasn't going to be happy when he found out I didn't end kitty. I sighed. I don't know why... I've killed so many other people. What made him so different? Weak, easily manipulated, had an immense crush on me. He was easy to kill. Why couldn't I do it? I sighed as I opened the door and climbed the steps to his secret lair, right above the house. Genius. No one would ever think of checking there. I opened the door and he smiled at me. His smile wiped off when he noticed I had come empty-handed with no ring and/or body.

"Where is his miraculous? Where is his corpse?!"

I'm getting to it da- father..."

"GETTING TO IT?! MAY I REMIND YOU THAT AS MUCH AS I AM YOUR FATHER I AM ALSO YOUR BOSS?!" I winced. Father never shouts. "You disappoint me Marinette. I raised you from a tender age when your parents died in that automobile accident, gave you money, a miraculous, trained you to be the powerful, gorgeous woman you are now and this is how you repay me? You never lacked anything Marinette!" Except love. But at that point I had figured out it didn't exist. "You repay all this kindness by letting a silly little kitten get under your skin?"

I winced. I hated how he always went back to how he had raised me and done so much, almost like he expected me to pay him back for it. Oh wait, he did. But I didn't ask him to raise me. I didn't ask him to give me money or clothes or shelter or a roof over my head. I didnt ask to be trained in martial arts and become a deadly assassin, killing who ever he wanted to. I didn't ask to be his slave, forever bound to do his bidding simply because for some stupid reason, I refused to die that night. I should have just died in that stupid car with my birth parents. I bit my tongue and voiced my thoughts in my head.

"Felix. Teach her a lesson. Make her understand what happens when you don't obey your father." I swallowed. Felix. His son. Loup Gris or Grey Wolf if you prefer. I crawled back as he towered over me, his figure menacing, shutting my eyes tight.

. . .

"I believe you've learnt your lesson now, daughter." I heard the venom in his voice as he spat out the last word, letting it ring in my head. I clutched my bruised stomach and spat some blood out of my mouth. I gazed at the red liquid as it coated my hands, unfazed and, quite frankly, used to it. Hawkmoth stepped down from his platform and walked over to me, using his cane to raise my head. I glowered at him but he ignored it with an expressionless face although I saw a slight twinkle in his eyes. The only time he ever gets remotely happy is when he sees people suffer. People like me. I stared into his blue eyes, struggling to mask my hatred and loathing for him. He seemed to notice this but was unfazed by it, amused actually. Yep. Should've died when I had the chance.

"You have three days Ladybug. Retrieve his miraculous and his lifeless body or next time I will not be so gracious. Do you understand?" I nodded weakly. I glanced at Loup Blanc who seemed to be staring at me intensely. He looked away immediately. I swallowed, feeling uncomfortable. Poor Felix. Dearest Hawkmoth had embedded one of his akumas deep into his heart. He was Hawkmoth's slave for all eternity and could never be normal. Kinda like me. Except I have a choice...

I kept my face expressionless as I got up. I knew what he meant by not being so gracious. He would end me. Permanently. A shiver ran down my spine as I went to clean myself up and stitch up my wounds. Three days... then I would end Chat Noir.

I had just finished cleaning up when I heard a grunt. I opened the door, still trying to dab any unattended wounds and found Felix standing rigidly, staring at the door then at me. My heart lodged in my throat immediately. He was licking his lips like a dog with a nasty grin on his face.

"Hey Marinette, wanna come upstairs for an epic movie marathon?" I rose an eyebrow. Felix was handsome, yes. Charming, indubitably. But he was still a guy with dirty thoughts. He was still the guy Hawkmoth got to beat me up. And he was still the guy who derived pleasure from hurting me, a lot more pleasure than his father. Besides, he was nowhere near Chat Noir handsome or Adrien Agreste handsome though he was a bit close.

"Well I hope it's not a comedy cause I'm pretty sure you broke my funny bone. You broke a lot of my bones, now that you mention it." Thanks to my miraculous, I was a quick healer but it still hurt like hell and he was blocking my way out of there. My eyes roamed the empty hallway and I nodded quietly in the midst of a tense silence and tried to leave. He blocked my path, swift as always.

"Come on baby, don't be like that." I rose an eyebrow, ticked off.

"I didn't take you as a man whore or a jerk but lo and behold, you're just as bad as the rest of them. It shocks me that so many females decide to kill themselves and wail over men as worthless as you are. No offence." He grinned, undaunted by my attitude.

"None taken." He held my hand and pressed his lips against my knuckles. My thoughts absent-mindedly wandered to the first time I met Chat Noir. He had kissed me on the same spot, smitten for who knows what reason. Right before I kicked him in the chest and sent him crashing through the Louvre. Good times. My thoughts were interrupted when I found his lips on my neck, arms dangerously wrapped around my hips. I punched him straight in the face by instinct and gasped when he fell to the floor, cursing. I ran out of the house and tried not to strangle myself. Just bought myself a one way ticket to hell. I was sure I was a goner and walked to my fake home, thoughts on Felix murdering me in my sleep and me murdering Chat Noir. Not too great.