Chapter 15

Adrien's P.O.V.

"Ladybug!" I ran to her. She was out cold. I stared at her stomach, wincing at the state of it. My eyes widened. What have I done?! I lifted her up bridal style and tried not to blush at the close proximity. Even in her state, she still looked beautiful... man I really hated myself.

There I was thinking about her physical appearance as she lay dying in my arms. I took her to my house and lay her on my bed gently, scrambling to find something to stop the bleeding. I wasn't sure what to do. I sat beside her, my hands shaking. I dropped the first aid kit and groaned. I was acting so clumsy. Just like Marinette. I took a deep breath and started cleaning the wounds more calmly. My eyes widened when her transformation wore off. I sucked in a breath and continued to work, ignoring the pain in my chest from the slash she had given me.

"Marinette? You have got to be kitten me... wow..." I couldn't believe it. I was in complete shock. Her kwami zipped out of her bag and touched Marinette's cheek fondly, a tear making its way down her face.

"Mari! No!" The kwami turned to me and scowled. "What did you do to he-"

She lunged at me when Plagg flew out of my pocket and hugged her. I let out a sigh of relief, grateful to Plagg for once. She went rigid and patted his back.

"TIKKI!" I guessed that was her name.

"Hey... Plagg..." I kept cleaning Marinette's wounds but I couldn't help but watch the love fest unfolding.

"I haven't seen you in ages. How... How are you?" She smiled sadly.

"I'm good... I'm good."

"Are you sure? Why is part of you purple?" It was just a dot. I couldn't believe he saw that. I didn't even notice it.

"I-I... as a supervillain's Kwami, things get... difficult. You begin to question good from bad. And I guess none of you bothered to save me-" she was cut off by Plagg hugging her again. She shut her eyes and wrapped her arms around herself, tears threatening to spill from her eyes. I felt bad for her.

"We all missed you, Nooro and Duusu. I missed you more than cheese! And that's saying something cause I love cheese!" She sighed, finally relaxing into the hug. She rolled her eyes but I could tell, she seemed... happier.

"Wow Plagg. Glad to know that seeing a friend for the first time in years hasn't changed your appetite."

"Ha, no way. I'll get some cambert and ugh, croissants from the fridge. In the mean time, feel free to kill my owner! Bye!" I glared at his back when he flew out and smiled nervously. Tikki glared at me before she sighed and went back to hugging Marinette's cheek. A tear made its way down her cheek and I sighed as well.

"I'm sorry. I was just trying to get loose. I didn't mean to-"

"It's okay. You are the bad luck miraculous holder, holder of destruction. Why wouldn't you do this?" I hated to admit it but her words kind of hurt. The purple dot seemed to glow. Must've meant she was being nasty.

"I didn't choose to be like this-"

"No, I'm sorry. I shouldn't have attacked you like that. As long as she's okay, I think I won't kill you. Probably." I smiled. She smiled back.

"AAH!" Our heads turned to Marinette after our silent truce. Marinette was flailing. She seemed to be having a nightmare. "F-FATHER- PLEASE- ADRIEN- KITTY- AAH-"

I wanted to hold her hand but I kept away. Tikki was right in the end. I had the miraculous of destruction and I didn't want to hurt her. I put my head on the table and sighed. I just wanted her to be safe. I felt something raise my hand and looked up. Tikki and Plagg had taken my hand and dropped it on Marinette's. I shook my head and chuckled.