Chapter 22

I woke up, startled by a noise. I turned and jumped slightly when I found Adrien's arm wrapped ahainst my waist while his face was in the crook of my neck. He seemed to be enjoying himself. I rolled my eyes and pushed him slightly to wake him up. His eyes slowly fluttered open and he looked at me, a gorgeous grin on his face. Really Marinette? Now?

"Hey m'lady..."

"Can you hear that?" The urgency in my voice made him stand up. He rose and looked out, his eyes widening. I cast a worried glance his way, switching on the old box television to knock him out of his trance.

"M... Marinette-"

"Adrien, come see this!" He rushed over to the television and sat next to me, his eyes as wide as mine. Hawmoth was out in the open, standing at the top of the Eiffel Tower. Nadia Chamack stood in front of the camera in the streets of Paris, spewing incoherent words out of her mouth while dodging various blasts from akumatised villains. There was chaos everywhere. The villains were all over the place, wreaking havoc across the city.

"Nadia Chamack here live and reporting the takeover of Paris by Hawkmoth who has come out of hiding for the first time. He seems to be unstoppable and is sending out akumas by the dozen to create villains for his sinister purposes. We are unsure of what- MANON!" Her eyes were glued to the little girl with frizzy brown hair and deep chocolate eyes. She was holding her wand, a purple mask outline on her face. Moments later, she was Puppeteer. Hawkmoth himself floated down from the top of the Tower and held out his hand to the TVi reporter who stared at him, her body quaking. "What... what did you do to her?"

"Not a fan of handshakes, Ms. Chamack? It's a pleasure to meet you in person. I was hoping I would get the pleasure before akumatising you, anyway. Audiotrix, was it?" She swallowed quietly, shutting her eyes when she heard the laughter of her daughter in the background. Gigantica's leg was sited for a moment, shaking the ground before the huge baby walked away.

"Well, you are all aware my name is Hawkmoth. As you can see Ladybug and Chat Noir, the city is in ruins and all I need is for you to hand over your miraculouses. Go on Nadia- may I call you Nadia?" She swallowed and nodded, shaking with fear. "You saw your daughter. Now you are about to suffer the same fate but it would give me great pleasure if you would tell your famed heroes and my beautiful daughter Ladybug who seems to have disappeared to give up. I don't want a war, I just want the miraculouses. Tell them, Nadia."

Nadia looked at him then at the camera, teary eyed. "L-Ladybug and Ch-Chat Noir," her voice broke as she spoke. "I know you have saved this beautiful city time and time again with your miraculouses but... for the sake of my child, me, and the rest of Paris..."

"Go on." His grip on her arm tightened. She swallowed and crushed his foot with her heel suddenly. He howled and dove to the floor. She stared squarely into the camera, looking confident and determined.

"NEVER GIVE THIS MAN YOUR MIRACULOUSES! HE IS EVIL AND A PSYCHOPATH AND DESERVED NOTHING LESS THAN A JAIL SENTENCE! WE BELIEVE IN YOU! Even you Ladybug. We don't know where you are and we know you are evil but if you are watching, please help Chat Noir. You are our only hope and Hawkmoth cannot be defeated alone." Hawmoth growled, about to akumatise her when someone threw something at him, Alya, yelling loudly in the background.

"You go Ms. Chamack! Ladybug and Chat Noir will never give in and give you their miraculouses! They fight to the end!" Hawmoth growled and an akuma fluttered towards her. Nino blocked it with his bubble wand and smiled at Alya before leaping off as The Bubbler. Alya screamed and lunged at Hawkmoth before she was akumatised too. He akumatised Ms. Chamack and chuckled, shaking his head.