Chapter 17

Toby took a breath of fresh clean air; for once, it didn't smell like urine or death "It's so fresh out here." Toby sighed as Lilly looked at the grass cautiously as she nervously walked outside behind Toby "I'm afraid. What if they see us?" Lilly asked, her eyes fixed upon the ground nervously, making Toby smile "I'm out, you're out; just relax and walk with me." Toby replied, grabbing her hand as he led her to freedom "This is new; why does this feel so nice?" Lilly chuckled as her toes were being tickled by grass and the sun shined through her hair "It's freedom; and you're tasting it." Toby smiled as he looked into her eyes "I don't feel right though." Lilly whimpered, looking away from Toby as her smile disappeared into a grim look on her face "Why? You were relieved and happy when we got out of the place; why change your mind?" Toby asked, picking up a rock and placed it on the bench "I don't know; I feel like we're leaving our friends behind, it wouldn't be the same without them." Lilly replied, looking up at the windows, making Toby sigh in annoyance "They'll be fine; we have to get out of here. Amy's gonna be looking for us." Toby said as he took her by the arm and forced her to walk with him down the path to the gates "You're right ." Lilly whispered, her eyes watering with tears while she was looking back at her and watched the asylum shrink as  they walked away from it "We got out alive!" Toby laughed as he picked Lilly up and hugged her "We did!" Lilly replied, her smile returning back on her face making her blush and she put her hair behind her hair as they began walking down the gravel road to the gates "Wait! What about everybody else?" Lilly asked, beginning to worry as Toby grabbed her hand and looked into her eyes "Lilly, we'll get them; we're going to see if she's officially dead." Toby replied, running behind Lilly never letting go of her hand as they ran back to Blackthorn Asylum; a place they promised to never look back at or to return.