Chapter 02

I would like to say that I remained calm and handled this maturely. Only, that would be a complete lie. Instead, my mind went to panic.

  I did try and look for whoever threw the flashbang in fading daylight, but I couldn't see anyone. All I could see was the green monster that was ready to smash me into the ground. His eyes were large and stared at me with annoyance and hatred, which I knew wasn't necessarily directed at me. But, in this state, he wasn't capable of controlling his emotions.

  I yelped, jumping back. My eyes noticed the sun turning the sky orange due to it setting. It was beginning to get late.

  That's when the strangest thing happened.

  Some sort of sticky substance managed to trap Hulk's hands against the brick walls of the alleyway I was now cornered in. My heart was pounding and my eyes were flashing in just about every direction.

  I was trapped. And the Hulk was angry.

"Excuse me, Miss? Need any help?" A voice spoke as I jumped and turned around.

  Stuck up against the brick wall of the alley was a man wearing a tight fitting red and blue suit. His entire body was covered with the material. There was a constant web design over the suit and a spider at the chest. He was some sort of spider hero? I guess?

"Puny spider boy!" The Hulk screamed as the boy's spider-like eyes widened.

  I was impressed to see that the Hulk was still struggling against the web-looking substance. That only caused curiosity to bloom within my mind, wondering what in the world this substance was made of; it must've been extremely durable if the Hulk had difficulty breaking it.

"Come with me, Miss," The boy spoke, jumping down to my side before quickly wrapping an arm around my waist and shooting a web from his hand up towards a cellular tower on the roof. He pulled the two of us up to the rooftops.

  He looked over the roof and back at the Hulk.

"By the way, Buddy! It's Spider-Man!" He yelled to the enraged green mutant before walking back over to me. Meanwhile, my mind was just ensnared on the fact that my mother was going to kill me when I got back home.

"Are you alright, Miss?" He asked as I slowly nodded. My mind was still trying to familiarize itself with who this hero was. Spider-Man? My mother had never mentioned a Spider-Man to me before.

"Yes," I whispered softly as he pulled out a phone.

"Hang on. I'll have someone come deal with the green guy," He spoke, pressing a few buttons on his phone before pressing the device to his ear.

"Mr. Stark? This is Spider-Man. It seems the Incredible Hulk has meandered into town. Could you come deal with this? I've got him restrained," The boy spoke up as my eyes widened.

  I'm screwed.

"Yes... How did you know about her?" Spider-Man responded with confusion and uncertainty in his voice. His head tilted towards me, however I couldn't make myself look over at him.

  Now Tony was asking about me. He knew Banner and I had escaped. Yeah, I was practically dead already. Why did this kid have to call Tony? Of course, out of everyone he could've called, it had to be Tony. Well, I suppose it could've been worse if it was my mother. But still, Tony Stark was just as big of a problem.

"Alright, thank you, Mr. Stark," Spider-Man replied before hanging up the call. He looked back to me once more as I looked down and cleared my throat. I wasn't entirely sure what to say, let alone how to think or feel. Tony was on his way right now. And he'd know that Bruce snuck me out. And I was already just thinking about how much trouble I was going to be in when we got back home.