Chapter 04

• • • (Y/N)'s POV • • •

  I paced around my bedroom, rain pounding against my glass wall. The window peered downwards at the large garden that Wanda had requested the builders make for her. Something about a memorial to her brother, Pietro Maximoff, who had died in Sokovia. My room was perched up on the third floor, giving me an overview of the green land of Upstate New York.

  I walked to my closet, grabbing one of Clint's old t-shirts that he'd given to me once he didn't want them anymore. I added a pair of ripped jeans with it, then added some black combat boots. After so much time spent messing with my hair, I had managed to pull it back into a ponytail.

"(Y/N)!" My mother screamed, resulting in me exiting my room and making my way towards the steps. I looked at her from the top, arching an eyebrow and wondering what she wanted.

"Yes?" I asked, wondering what she was wanting from me this early in the morning. I mean, it wasn't too early, but still. It was roughly around eight.

"Come down and eat breakfast with us," She requested as I nodded. I trotted down the stairs, sitting down at the bar as Clint entered the room. He sat down on the stool next to me.

"They're on their way," Clint spoke as three boys walked in. They all had messy hair and looked like a disaster. They were all half asleep and tripping over just about everything in the room.

  The three were Tony Stark, Bruce Banner, and Peter Parker.

  Bruce was rubbing his eyes, then just placed his head in his hands and sat down at the dining table. Meanwhile Tony made his way to the coffee machine, beginning to brew something strong. Lastly, Peter was yawning, sitting down next to Bruce. Tony was the most awake of the bunch, seeing as he typically doesn't ever sleep.

"Stark, what did you do?" My mom asked, arching her eyebrow at the three.

"Nothing. Just..." He trailed off to yawn, "Trying to figure some stuff out," Tony replied as Clint arched an eyebrow. Tony was still rapidly and impatiently pressing buttons on the coffee machine.

"Figure stuff out..." Clint muttered under his breath, almost as if he was speaking his thoughts. My mother rolled her eyes at Tony's vague answer.

"Tell me, Stark. What were the three of you doing?" My mother requested. She knew a thing or two about mental manipulation. And especially now, when they were weak and tired.

"We were just up late, Nat," Tony insisted as she turned her attention to Bruce, knowing Tony wasn't going to let anything slip. Not only was Bruce the most out of it, but he and my mom were in a relationship.

"Love, where were you last night? I was beginning to get worried," She spoke in a weaker tone of voice. Clint slightly chuckled from the stool next to me, the two of us watching this as a form of entertainment.

We both knew that we would start getting answers now.

"We were running tests last night. Nothing to worry about. It was all to keep her safe," Bruce spoke, his fingers pointing at me as Tony gave him a death glare from across the room. My mom frowned, spinning to look back at Tony.

"What are you planning, Stark?" My mom snarled angrily.

"Well, unlike everyone else, I'm trying to figure out who the hell is trying to get into the HQ. And now we're onto something!" Tony insisted. I rolled my eyes.