Chapter 17

(M/N) and I found our way to a building that fit in rather well with the rest of New York City. It was more like an abandoned warehouse, crowded by skyscrapers and other massive buildings. It blended in well with the remainder of the enormous city.

She led us into the building. We were both silent. It was as if she was treating me like an object rather than a human, let alone her daughter. I tried to remember anything from my time having my mind gone, but I couldn't remember a single thing. I just remember watching my eyes turn white and hearing so much yelling.

I shook my head, trying to shake the thoughts out of my head. I wasn't sure I wanted to remember. So I continued to think about Peter Parker. As cliche as it sounds, thinking of him kept me calm. Imagining the two of us growing as people together, the possibility of us having a future with one another. I knew it was impossible, but it was nice to fantasize 

I remained in character to the best of my ability. I tried to keep my wandering and curious mind to a minimum, knowing I was unable to glance around. She wanted my brain to go stagnant, only obeying what she ordered me to do. Therefore, I had to follow that expectation.

"Here you are, Darling," (M/N) spoke, finally turning her attention towards me. She pushed open a door that contained a twin sized bed with white bedding. The blankets were grey, however. The whole room was lit up with fluorescent light bulbs. No windows. It was like a cell. But I knew it was my room.

"Thank you, Mother," I spoke in a monotone voice before walking into the room. She closed the door behind me. I heard her lock it behind me.

I laid down on the bed, my brain knowing that they were watching me. They wanted to be sure I changed. But I knew (M/N) was sure. She thinks I wouldn't have attacked Peter if I was still in my right mind.

  I smiled weakly as I thought about Peter. Eyes resembling pools of honey in the sunlight and a smile so bright. Everything about him was pure and sweet. His heart beat for the right purpose. He was a great Avenger. He may feel that isn't true, but he's comparing himself to billionaires and literal gods. In the end, he was a teenage boy who cared so greatly for others that he would risk his life for them. And I admired him.

  My eyes traced the ceiling tiles as I roamed every crevice of my mind. Next, I pondered what would happen between my mother and I if she ever found out about me and Peter. Deep down, I believed she would never allow it. She would want me to be older and not hold a relationship with a superhero.

  After that, I thought about the argument Tony and I had. He didn't deserve me yelling at him and being a complete brat. Because, in the end, he was the closest I was going to get to a father figure. As much as I didn't want to admit it, I was glad he was. It was just the fact that Tony was arrogant and I was stubborn, so we tend to argue almost constantly.

Finally, I began to think about what I was going to do to kill (M/N). Because I was going to have to act fast and soon. I could easily betray her, but how was I to kill her? I needed to form a plan. As I began conceiving my plan, the door opened up.

"Hey, Darling. Your father and I want to take you to fight the Avengers. Do you want to come?" She asked as I smirked. I could work with this.

"Of course," I responded softly as she smiled, waving for me to follow her.

"Then let's go," She decided. And the three of us began heading out. (M/N) led the way, meanwhile I walked next to (F/N), who was eyeing me wearily. Mistrust shined in his eyes. But I didn't care. I was going to kill her and he wasn't going to stop me.

• • • Peter's POV • • •

"—and I know she's still her and I'm really worried," I finished, taking an extremely deep breath afterwards. I had been explaining to the Avengers what had happened when (M/N) showed up.