Chapter 14

None of us quite knew how to react. First of all, we weren't even entirely sure what her powers were. But, currently, I had one thing in mind. And it was making sure she didn't set me on fire. I kept jumping back and trying my hardest to get away, but she seemed hellbent on harming me.

Bucky was the first to come to my aid, tackling (Y/N) to the ground while she wasn't paying attention to the other Avengers. Pulling her arms back, he kept his grip tight on her. Meanwhile, I pulled myself up to my feet, attempting to think through the situation.

"Okay, she has powers. What are they, exactly?" Steve Rogers asked over the coms, though no one could answer. We were still unsure.

"Fire powers and abilities to shift the dirt. Does anyone else have ridiculous questions that I don't know the answers to?" Tony commented in a snarky tone of voice.

Glancing over, I noticed Natasha run after (M/N), the two of them getting into a personal fight. It was very clear, due to how anger fueled their actions were, that they more than hated one another. I guess there's still a lot that none of us really know.

"Parker! Now!" Bucky screamed as I nodded, tethering (Y/N)'s wrists together with my webbing. But this only seemed to enrage her even more. A scream escaped her lungs, which caused my eyes to widen, and a large burst of flames exited her body.

Falcon and Captain America were quick to go after (M/N), deciding Natasha may need a bit help. Wanda and Vision had ran into the tower, going in for the sole purpose of finding (Y/N)'s father, who they believed had transformed her into this.

"Stark, something is at the landing near the top of the tower. Get your ass up there and investigate," Natasha commanded, causing my eyes to drift up towards the top of the tower. I suddenly realized that was rather dumb of me, because that took my attention off of (Y/N).

I felt a large invisible force shove me, causing my body to collide with the concrete. While beginning to get back up, I was pushed again, wincing as my body was forced against the pavement. And my suit is literally just constructed of spandex and wires, so it hurt like hell.

"It's like she's manipulating the air!" Bucky shouted over the coms, making me nod and roll over. I was hit with another strong wave of air, which managed to knock the oxygen out of my lungs and force me flat on my back. My skull was quick to collide with the concrete, and I'm fairly sure I had a concussion at that point.

"(Y/N)!" Bucky yelled, taking her attention off of me and towards the other Avenger. This gave me time to stand up and pull myself together.

"I think she's like the Avatar, Mr. Stark," I stated, webbing her ankles together while she was concerning herself with Bucky. She looked back at me with absolute hatred.

"Peter! Stop! Please!" (Y/N) screamed. She attempted to thrash against the webbing, but she couldn't. When she noticed that she couldn't, her eyes shifted and she looked afraid. My heart ached in my chest.

"Peter, what the hell is the 'Avatar'?" Tony responded as I kept my eyes locked on (Y/N) and her sympathetic expression.

"Basically, the Avatar is someone who can bend and control the four elements. It's from a cartoon," I explained, only hearing him sigh in response.

"Shit. Nat, we've got issues on the roof. It's Barton. And it looks like he's one of their puppets now, too," Tony spoke up once he'd reached the top of the tower and found out who was up there.

"Knock him out and get him to the car. Barnes and Parker, when you get (Y/N), take the car and go back to base. Leave us here with (M/N)," Natasha explained as Bucky and I nodded to one another.