Chapter 18

Natasha, Clint, and Sam all arrived, collecting (M/N)'s dead body and the struggling scientist who was still unable to escape my webs. I smiled a slight bit as I watched Sam Wilson fight against the scientist, (F/N) (L/N), in order to get him in the helicopter.

  I glanced over, seeing Natasha and Tony communicating with (Y/N). She was clearly a little shaken up, given the fact that she just killed her birth mother. She had taken out the white contacts, restoring her eye color to their natural (E/C) hue.

  My heart melted for her. She was an amazing person and was so unaware of that fact. She managed to blow my mind. She's wanted to meet, love, and be with her birth mother once she found her. She was extremely curious and wanted to explore new things. And she killed her. For Nat. For Tony. Maybe even for me.

  I really like her. And she may never understand why, but all she needs to know is that I really do.

"Parker!" Tony yelled, making me look up. He waved me over to them as I jogged over. I stood by them as Natasha gave me a smile. I found this a bit unnerving.

"Yeah?" I asked as (Y/N) pulled my mask off. I looked over at her and gave her a small smile. She placed my mask back in my hand, then looked down at her feet.

"Are you two, like, together? Or are you just trying to make us uncomfortable?" Tony asked as (Y/N) let out a small laugh. She and I were both glowing red. Then we both simultaneously turned to look at Natasha.

"I mean... Would you be mad if we were?" I asked as Natasha closed her eyes and let out a small sigh.

"I think I'd be more mad if you weren't, at this point," Natasha claimed as I smiled and looked over at (Y/N). Her eyes were wide and she looked as if she couldn't believe the words she just heard her mother speak.

"What...?" (Y/N) mumbled, wanting to make sure she'd heard her mother correctly. Natasha gave her a patient smile.

"I mean, you two aren't very good at hiding your feelings for one another," Natasha explained as I felt my face heat up. Tony laughed.

"What do you think?" I asked, looking over at (Y/N) as she began glowing red and tilting her head to meet my eyes. She then turned her attention back to Nat and Tony.

"Yeah. I think we're together," She claimed as I smiled sweetly. I pushed a kiss to the top of her head, looking down at her and smiling. She grasped onto my hand, interlacing our fingers as I felt sparks go off in my stomach.

"At least you're dating a superhero who can keep you safe," Tony pointed out as Nat smiled.

"I agree," She spoke as (Y/N)'s eyes widened.

"Wait, you guys are actually agreeing on something?" She asked as the two rolled their eyes in sync.

"It would appear so," Steve Rogers spoke up while walking over to join in on the conversation.

"Nat, Sam is ready to head out," Captain Rogers pointed out to her as she nodded. She turned around and gave us a small wave before heading towards the helicopter.

"Wait!" (Y/N) screamed, her eyes wide open as she dashed out of my arms and towards her mother. She quickly grabbed Nat's left hand and gave her a huge smile.

That's when Tony, Steve, and I noticed the shiny diamond ring on Natasha's left ring finger. Her and Banner had gotten engaged.

"Congratulations, Nat," Steve spoke as Tony looked at all of us with utter confusion.

"Where, in the middle of all this drama, did you have time to get engaged? I didn't even have time to sleep, thanks to Mr. Parker," Tony beamed as I threw my head back and rolled my eyes.

I head (Y/N) giggle, making the insult almost seem worth it. I looked up at her and smiled, seeing her look at me with her enchanting eyes. She filled me with so much joy that words couldn't even describe it.

I just feel so... Alive... When I'm around her.

Natasha, Sam, and Clint all climbed back into the helicopter and headed off. (Y/N) came back to my side as Tony stared at us.

"If you're going to be dating in my house, you're going to have some ground rules. The first is that, if you make out with her, the next place you'll be is your own funeral. Got it, Parker?" Tony spoke as I rolled my eyes and let out a small laugh. (Y/N) giggled as well.

"I don't know why you're laughing. I'm not joking," Tony insisted as I nodded.

"Right. Of course," I mumbled in a joking manner as Tony gave me a small smile. He looked between the two of us one more time and sighed.

  The quickly pulled us into a hug. (Y/N) seemed almost extremely glad that he had done this. She may have regretted what she'd argued with him about, but she would never admit it. Him and I both knew that. This was the closest to an apology that he was going to get.

"Alright, let's go home so I don't have to keep making awkward eye contact with the two of you," Tony beamed as we both smiled, broke the hug, and headed towards the vehicles, our fingers laced together. We made our way towards the cars, the two of us sitting side-by-side.

We drove home, my mind drifting to what the future may have in store for the two of us. But, however, I do know this.

She's in it. She is it. My future.