Chapter 07

The pair of us walked around Queens for a while, him pointing out different places to me. One of which was Ned's house. Then we made it to his apartment complex, him leading the way to his particular door.

He fished a key out of his pocket, opening up the door and allowing me to walk in first.

"May! I'm home!" Peter called as soon as we entered. This caused a young woman to appear in my vision. She had long and straight brown hair, which laid flat against her back. She had the same light brown eyes that Peter had, along with glasses that went over them. She showed the two of us a large and friendly smile.

"Who's this?" Aunt May asked as I gave her a small wave and a smile. She returned both.

"Aunt May, this is (Y/N)," Peter spoke as I she smiled even wider. Everything about her seemed welcoming and kind.

"Well, it's great to meet you, (Y/N). Come on in, Darling," Aunt May called, waving for me to follow her into the kitchen.

  I heard Peter's phone ring. I gave him a stern look that told him not to answer it. He slid it out of his pocket and looked at the name before looking back to me with apologetic eyes. He then proceeded to answer the call, acting almost like he had to.

  I almost immediately knew who was on the other end. It felt like it could only be one person, otherwise Peter wouldn't have looked at me so sympathetically.

"Mr. Stark? Is something wrong?" Peter spoke, making my heart race.

"Oh, it's probably his silly Stark Internship. Come with me, Honey," Aunt May stated as I nodded, following her into the kitchen while Peter stayed in the living room. He paced the room while speaking into his phone, though he didn't do much of the talking. I'm sure Tony was just rambling and lecturing.

  Aunt May had me sit down at her table, placing a small snack in front of me. It consisted of apple slices and a warm caramel dip.

"Would you like something to drink? We have apple juice, orange juice, sodas, and water," May explained to me as I shook my head.

"I'm alright. Thank you, though," I responded, watching her grab herself a water and sit down across from me at the table.

"So, are you new at Peter's school?" May asked as I shook my head slowly, picking up an apple slice and dunking it in the warm caramel.

"Um, no, I don't go to school with Peter. I met him when he came into Avengers headquarters with his Stark Internship," I explained to May as she tilted her head a small bit to examine me. In that time, I began eating my apple slice.

"Are you an intern as well?" She asked as I felt my stomach twist.

I thought Aunt May knew who I was. But, in this moment, I now realized that she didn't. And she might lose her mind if she finds out that I'm Black Widow's daughter. She also might not want me to hang out with Peter...

Just when I felt at a loss for words, Peter walked back in. He placed himself in the seat next to me, putting his phone up on the table. May turned her attention towards Peter, arching an eyebrow in a curious nature.

"What did Mr. Stark want?" Aunt May asked as I looked to him, also wanting to hear the answer to this question. His eyes met mine, and I could read the regret in them. And I understood what that meant.

"Just wanted to make sure that (Y/N) and I are okay," Peter spoke as I let out a small, dry laugh. Because that wasn't all. There was something else.

"Okay. Then what's the catch?" I asked as Peter sighed, his head tilting downwards and suddenly being unable to look at either of us.

"He'll be here in a few minutes," Peter mumbled as I nodded, grabbing another apple slice.