Chapter 16

• • • (Y/N)'s POV • • •

  After sleeping through the whole day, I finally forced myself to wake up. I smiled almost immediately, feeling that I was still wrapped up in Peter's arms. He was so warm and comfortable that I just didn't really want to move. He also smelled really nice. On top of that, he was asleep, his body taking in measurable breaths. For the first time in a while, he seemed really at peace.

  His brown eyes steadily opened, meeting my gaze. A weak smile formed on his lips when he noticed that I was awake as well.

"Hey..." He breathed out, his voice groggy and weak. Yet, it was very attractive. In fact, I couldn't stop myself from blushing.

"Hey," I quietly replied as his smile widened. His hand carefully reached out and gingerly caressed my cheek. I leaned against his warm hand, closing my eyes and feeling so relaxed. I heard a soft hum escape his throat, signifying that he was relaxed, as well.

"What time is it...?" I mumbled, the two of us turning our attention away from one another and glancing at the clock that was on the wall.

"Almost midnight," Peter replied in a soft and careful voice, moving his attention back towards me.

Peter stood up, stretching a small bit and pulling the curtain back. However, the room was vacant other than the two of us. I arched an eyebrow, glancing around for a note or anything that they would've left behind for us. But I didn't see anything. I followed Peter's lead, pulling myself out of bed and beginning to slowly meander around the room in search of an explanation.

"Where's everyone at...?" I asked next, taking a glance over at him. However, he seemed just as confused as I was.

"I don't know. Last I heard, they were forming a plan to find (M/N)..." He breathed out as I looked down at my feet, which were only covered in tall (F/C) socks. Those socks were the only thing preventing my feet from meeting the cold, white, tiled floor.

"Oh..." I muttered quietly, not entirely sure how to respond to that.

"I found something," Peter announced as I walked over to him, standing by his side and grabbing onto one of his hands.

The two of us inspected the small envelope, which had our names written on it in red ink. The handwriting was recognizable as Wanda's. Opening it up and unfolding the page that was inside, the two of us read through the note. Peter's hold on my hand tightened a small bit.

(Y/N) & Peter,
Clint and I have healed rather well, and since Stark and Natasha are looking for numbers, we were forced to join them on the hunt for (M/N). We should be back by tomorrow afternoon, though. So don't worry about us. If something happens, contact Stark immediately. We think we've got (M/N) and (D/N) cornered. Hopefully, we'll turn up successful.
We wanted to bring the two of you, but due to your physical and mental states, we decided it would be best if you stayed home and attempted to relax. There are some medications on the counter for the two of you. (Y/N), the pills in the white bottles are for you and you should get some sleep. Peter, I need you to clean your wounds up again and re-bandage them, then take the pills in the orange bottles, and get some sleep.
See you soon,
Wanda Maximoff <3

Peter and I looked to one another before inspecting the pill bottles on the counter next to where the note had been placed. There were two orange bottles and three white ones. Two empty plastic cups had been placed by the sink, as well. Peter grabbed the cups and filled them with water as I got the pills out of the bottles. We took our pills, and I caught Peter staring at me out of the corner of my eye.