Chapter 17: Wreak Havoc

The mini battle didn't even last a full minute. The oversized Jotun quickly seized Thor by his neck and immediately Thor tensed before relaxing, a icy glaze over his bright blue eyes. The Jotun had easily slipped the neck chain over Thor's neck and bound his arms. I knew I was next and quickly attempted to duck under his legs. I failed miserably as the Jotun snatched up my chain, pulling me back and clamping the neck chain on quickly. By the time Thor was back to his loud, brute self, we were being led out of our prison.

The vast corridor made our footsteps echo and our shadows dance in the torch light. I glanced over to Thor who was walking with a proud smirk upon his face. I smiled as well despite the current situation.

"Another story for the books..." I whispered to Thor and he chuckled lowly.

"We tried," Thor sighed.

"Yes," I responded and was met with distasteful pale eyes of the oversized Jotun. It wasn't long before several other Jotuns joined us, dragging their chained warriors behind them. I quickly spotted Asmund and he spotted me as well- we both sighed in unison. Volstagg was walking slowly, letting the chains pull at him but annoying his Jotun very much. Volstagg's Jotun kept hissing and spitting back at him, Volstagg only smiled and continued his act. Sif had a grim expression on her face and immediately I had felt sick. I knew she strongly disliked being away from home as well as isolated from her comrades. Not to mention she had to swallow down her pride, which probably hurt at some point.

The rest of the elite soldiers were not so expertly lined up next to each other, if we were to break free, we could kill the whole Jotun group that gathered in the cave. Several other foot soldiers from our company trickled in next to us. Some looked terrified and were shaking in their armor, others just stood straight forward, a certain dullness clouding their eyes. Finally the Jotun in front of us held a stone tablet in from of his beady pale eyes.

He began speaking and pointing towards several warriors. He pointed to Sif and shouted something. His foreign words gravely and sharp. Several Jotuns stepped forward and began pulling at Sif's chains and Sif began to fight back but was quickly whacked over head. She winced and hissed at them with distaste but didn't further protest. Instead she straightened herself up and calmed her face. A little smirk was spreading across her face slowly and she was lead away to a separate hall. I worried for her, had she been put in the arena? Slavery? I didn't know for sure and it was driving me insane. A group of foot soldiers were led away together, and the Jotun casually scraped out something on the stone tablet. He flicked his eyes to me before looking at Thor standing beside me.

The Jotun only flicked his hand to the right, and Thor was being pulled away. He too protested and ended up head butting a Jotun. It crippled to the ground and in result the rest of the Jotuns began beating him with icy pegs. I wanted to jump in- I wanted to save Thor from the beatings but I knew it would not end well for me. We did not need two elite soldiers injured and I knew Thor could take it. Finally the hollow sound of sticks on skin ceased and Thor was lead out the same way the foot soldiers were lead.

That left three foot soldiers, myself, Heskell, and Asmund. The dark Jotun with the tablet mumbled something to a smaller Jotun. They both nodded and pointed the the three foot warriors and Heskell. Heskell looked to me, distress in his eyes. I could only exhale and hope he knew I would get us all out. Loki and I. Finally, the Jotun flicked his wrist and frowned. Just as the rest had, we were taken away. Asmund and I cooperated, though I was worried.

Where are you? I asked in a whisper. I didn't know why I was whispering though, he and I were the only ones able to hear each other.

There was no answer, I grew frustrated as the guards held our heads down and kicked at our heels.