Drowning on Feelings

She had always hated parties. She felt unwanted. She never understood how people could go to a strangers house and drink there worries away. At least that's how she felt parties worked. Different personalities shoved into one house but they all had one thing in common. Death would soon catch up to them.

The beads of the water rolled off her bony back into the tub as if they were raindrops falling from a cloud. She was trying to come up with many excuses to not go to this party. But sadly she knew none of them would work as her best friend entered the bathroom.

"Oh my goodness! Again, Kate? You have to get out of this depressing state. There will be a bunch of cute guys at the party tonight! At least that's what Anthony told me and he's pretty hot."

"Cute.Bill said I was cute. The day before I caught him cheating with-"

"Give it a rest with Bill already! That was a month ago! Everyday I catch you sitting in this tub like a fish, drowning your feelings over some hick who I never liked anyway! What I'm trying to say is, lighten up. Come on, get out of that tub I can see your fingers pruning already." Candy Rogers smiled while holding her hand out. She was a pretty girl with curly blonde hair and brown eyes that made you want to stare deep into her soul. She had a smile worth more than all the diamonds in the world, and a personality no one could compete with.

Kate Viverette, also known as the prune in the tub let out an exhausted sigh before grabbing the blondes hand, stepping out of the tub. She quickly wrapped the towel around her clammy body. Staring at herself in the mirror she watched her glossy hazel eyes dart back and forth to her curly brunette hair. She squealed as her best friend dragged her to the bedroom, forcing her to sit on the bed while she looked for an outfit. Candy jumped up and down, smiling at the black dress she pulled out of the closet.

"There we go! Put this on or soul help me-" Candy began to argue before Kate interrupted,
"Okay, okay! Geez..."

Kate slithered into the black dress, zippering the back. It hung to her body and made her legs look great. She nodded in approval to herself in the mirror and was interrupted by her friend tossing black pumps to her. She stepped into the shoes and gasped as her friend pulled her head back and applied chapstick to her lips.

"There we go! Kate Viverette is back in town baby, looking better than ever!"

"Thanks Candy, but you look ten times better than me."

"Shut up and take the damn compliment, Kate! I'm starting to see why Bill cheated on you-"

"Hey!"

"I'm kidding, I'm kidding! Besides there are plenty of fish in the sea."

"Yeah, yeah. I'm thinking of staying single for a long time. I wanna start living my life."

"Not in that bathtub?"

"Yes. Not in the bathtub."

"Good. You can start living it at Anthony's party tonight!"

"Speaking of Anthony....How are you guys?"

"Well after we....You know. He didn't leave like he does with other girls. He actually stayed for breakfast, and we spent the day together! Under all that thick playboy skin he really is sweet."

"Woah that's shocking. How's his band doing? I felt like I haven't heard about the band ever since Hillel died."

"I don't know how you haven't! They got this new guitarist who's very talented! The new drummer is phenomenal too! They have a new album coming out too! See you miss all the action in that tub of yours!"

"Give it a rest with my tub already! I think it's beautiful."

"Yeah for bathing, not moping and drowning your feelings away. Besides Anthony's been hoping you would show up. He's been worried about you."

"He is?"

"How could he not! You used to hang out with us all the time!"

"I guess your right..."

"I know, I'm right! Now quit this moping and let's get partying!"