Paparazzi

"So anyway, I figured we could take a slight detour before going to Kurt's house." John smiled, while picking at the cup of fries in front of him. After the two had settled private manners in there bedroom, they finally decided to go get something to eat.

"What do you mean?"

"I don't know. Maybe we could go like hiking or something."

"In Seattle? Isn't Seattle a city, John?"

"Well yeah, but it's surrounded by mountains and forests. I figured we could explore the beauty of nature."

"Okie dokie. Whatever you want to do before we meet the baby." Kate mumbled while sipping on her vanilla milkshake before taking another bite out of the giant cheeseburger she had ordered. For not eating for a couple of days, to her it felt like months. John was happy to see her eating. He stared down at his forearms while slowly tracing his fingers along the needle marks and scars.

"Hey. What's up? I feel like you've been taking care of me so much...I haven't been taking care of you. Is everything alright?" She asked while wiping her mouth and staring down at his fingers.

"I don't know. I've been thinking about that whole situation again. You know. The drugs."

"I see. Are you alright?"

"I think so? It feels like I'm being haunted by my scars."

"I'm sorry, John. Is there anything I can do?"

"I don't know. I think I'm just gonna let my thoughts fight this inner battle out."

"Alright. I'm rooting for you. Something tells me you'll win." She smiled while stealing one of his fries. He smiled before brushing a strand of her hair away from her face. Everything at the moment seemed so sweet. That was until they both were blinded by a flash, followed by a clicking noise. The two turned and noticed through the glass window were two people with cameras, taking pictures of them. John rolled his eyes before standing up and mumbling, "Come on. Where gonna leave now." Placing his leather jacket around Kates shoulders, John guided her out of the restaurant quickly while wrapping his arm around her waist.

"John! John!" The two people yelled while following them. They were two creepy guys. But that eventually doubled to a total of four creepy guys following them, taking pictures. John ignored them while placing his sunglasses over his eyes. They were walking as fast as they could down the sidewalk, trying to get to Kate's car.

"Are you treating her right? Rumors say your girlfriends sixteen! And she's knocked up? Is this true?" A paparazzi guy taunted, before taking more pictures of there back. Kate felt John's grip tighten around her waist as he snapped back, "She's nineteen. She's fine. Leave her alone, or I'll make you."

"John...You don't have to answer them. They're just trying to get a rise out of you. It's not worth it." She whispered into his ear only to be interrupted by the reporter snapping back, "Listen bro. You don't have to get nasty with me. I'm just trying to get the facts. Did you knock her up or not?" John immediately broke away from Kate and swung a punch at the heckler.

"John! Stop!" Kate screamed while trying to pull John away. More cameras flashed. The clicking noise made Kate want to smash her head into the concrete. This was bad. She eventually was able to pry John off the man who now had a very bloody nose. Quickly grabbing his hand she stomped away from the group, dragging a cursing John along with her.

"You fuckers! Stay the fuck away from me and my girlfriend!" John yelled back while flipping the paparazzi off. The two sat in the car in silence. Kate had not driven away. They both just sat there. Taking in what had just happened.

"I'm sorry." He mumbled while looking out the window.

"You should be. Are you crazy?! You literally assaulted someone, John. I know you didn't want to hurt him. I don't blame you for punching him but now they have photos of you flipping out. How do you think thats going to make you look?"

"Whatever. Fucker had it coming ever since he mentioned you."

"Hey. Look at me." She snapped while lightly grabbing his face, turning it towards hers snapping again, "John Frusciante. Look me in the eyes. I can take care of myself. Ok? I wasn't upset by what he said. I mean I was. But I can't let it get to me. There comments are just like hate mail. And what do you do with hate mail?"

"Throw it away."

"Exactly. I just throw his comments away. I don't stress about it. Understand me?"

"Yeah-" John began to say when they heard another click, followed with a flash. She snapped her head towards the noise to see another guy yelling a few feet away from the car, "Fuck you, John! Your just another rockstar who's gonna die one day because of drugs. Enjoy your fame while it lasts." Everything Kate had just told John was completely out the window because she was now out of the car stomping towards the man. "Shit." John cursed while trying to catch up to his pissed off girlfriend. He knew if he were ever mad, Kate would be able to cool him down. But now that Kate was mad nothing could stop her. Not even John.

"What are you gonna do?!" The rude man laughed as Kate snatched the camera from his slimy hands and threw it to the ground, smashing it into tiny little pieces. Right before she swung a punch at the man, John came to the rescue and wrapped his arms around her waist. Throwing her over his shoulder she yelled, "Your so lucky he's holding me back right now! Your so lucky your not dead!"

"Ok tiger. Chill." John mumbled while feeling her squirm against his grip, trying to break free.

"H-How can someone say that about another person?! That's so rude! John! Did you not hear what he said about you?!" She stuttered while banging on his back before mumbling, "Put me down! This is embarrassing."

"Nope. Remember what you said before? It's like hate mail. And what do we do with hate mail?"

"Throw it away..."

"Good girl." 

"Hey! Get your hand of my ass!" She laughed out loud, while trying to punch his back.