Heartbreak

The empty men's bathroom became a routine for John and Kate. Every time she would come to the bar to watch them play there would be no words exchanged whatsoever. Except John making out, and doing plenty more things with her in the bathroom stall. One time she asked him if he could come back to the apartment, and he flipped out on her. Repetitively telling her, "Kate. You know why I can't come back. I wish I could. Only until a problem of mine gets sorted out." At the moment she was in an unhealthy relationship which just consisted of sex. Thinking about it made her depressed. She didn't want to lose John. She wouldn't be able to survive without him, in her own mind.

She sat sprawled under neath the soft blankets of the old bed in the apartment with her eyes closed. Everyone started to notice the routine between the two. They noticed how lifeless John started to look, and how depressed Kate started to act. She knew she was starting to feel depressed to. She didn't know what to do. Nothing mattered anymore. Candy made her way into the apartment and opened the bedroom door looking at her disheveled best friend. "Anthony's coming over later. He's gonna take you to Johns, so you can talk about the entire situation." She watched the brunette nod her head slowly and she snapped, "Kate. This has to stop. He's just using you now."

"I know." A soft voice spoke from underneath the covers. Candy rolled her eyes leaving the apartment. Hearing the door slam shut, Kate sat up and decided to take a hot shower. To her it felt nice letting the hot water spray against her back. She stared at herself in the mirror. Her green doe-like eyes stared back into her soul into a haunting way making her shiver. She brushed through her wavy locks, slicking the wet hair back into a bun. Getting dressed in jeans and a baggy sweatshirt made her feel like she was still in bed. Placing the oversized glasses on her nose, she sighed sitting on her bed waiting for Anthony. She was nervous. What do I say? What do I do? She thought to herself many times not hearing the first couple knocks at her front door.

"Here we are." Anthony sighed opening the car door for Kate. She fumbled with her hands walking up the creaky steps of the apartment complex. Her head was pounding, and she felt as if she was gonna hurl butterflies at any moment. They reached the old door that looked as if it was gonna collapse any moment. Anthony knocked and they heard Johns voice yell, "Come in." She motioned for Anthony to walk in front of her and he sighed walking into the cramped apartment. It reeked of pot smoke. The apartment looked very dirty, with old bags of chips and clothes scattered across the floor. Anthony froze looking at John sitting on the couch deep in thought. He was shooting up. His hair hung over his eyes as he was sweating. He looked up at them and smiled. He probably didn't even know what was going on. Kate swallowed hard, trying not to break down.

"Kate, and I came here to talk about your problem." Anthony said sitting on the couch. John looked up, very dazed slurring "Kate? My girlfriend?" He looked at her and smiled slowly making her stomach knot up, looking at the needle in his forearm. "I'm fine. These make me feel fine." John said. Her hands turned into fists. She was beyond mad. Words couldn't describe the different types of emotions hitting her all at once. Making eye contact with him she snapped, "Your not fine. You need help. I'm breaking up with you. All you've done is take advantage of me and I'm sick of it. I'm sick of you. I-I'm sorry, John." Tears formed in her eyes as she ran out of the apartment, hearing his yells in protest to the breakup.

Anthony grabbed the front of Johns shirt and snapped, "I'm kicking you out of the band. Get your life together. You really screwed up. Big time." Shoving him back into the couch, he turned on his heel jogging to the car seeing Kate crying hysterically in the car. He closed the car door loudly and made eye contact hugging her with tears streaming down his face. They both had lost something. A lover, and a friend.

Meanwhile John sat on the greasy couch thinking about what had just happened. She broke up with me...I'm out of the band? He thought to himself before loudly yelling and kicking the table. He frantically looked around the room trying to find the tiny plastic baggie. He dumped the white powder in the funnel hoping he could shoot his feelings away.

On the way to Candy's apartment, Kate quickly grabbed Anthony's thigh and yelled, "Pull over!" He quickly pulled over and she pushed the car door open running off the road. He quickly ran and held her hair back as she began to throw up. She wiped her mouth and thought oh fuck, to herself as Anthony stood there in silence staring at her wide-eyed.