Crushed by You

Kate sat on her bed thinking. In front of her sat the telephone. Her hand reached, and then slowly retreated from the phone. He doesn't want to talk to you, she thought to herself frowning. Although he did leave his number, she thought again while smiling at the paper. She didn't know what to do. Finally she took a deep breath of air and grabbed the phone, dialing the number. She smiled while leaning back listening to the phone ring.

"Hello?" She gasped hearing a groggy voice answer.

"Hey John. It's Kate." She smiled, playing with the brunette lock dangling in front of her face.

"Kate! Hey! How are you?"

"I'm okay...How about you?"

"I'm good. I'm happy you called me."

"Me too! I mean not that you called me-that I-"
John chuckled listening to her stutter. She blushed listening to his laugh.

"You mean your happy you called me?"

"Y-Yes.Thats what I meant!" Silence filled the phone and she didn't know what to say. She was trying to think of topics to talk about when he coughed,
"Hey I was wondering....the bands having a concert tomorrow night. I'm sure Candy's going, but I would like to see you there."

"I'd love to go! I'll be there."

"Maybe we could go get dinner, or something after." He smiled against the phone. She smiled before blushing again.

"I'd like that."

"I'll give you your leather jacket back tomorrow night. I forgot to give it to you-"

"You can keep it if you want. It looks nice on you."

"Oh. Thanks John. I'll wear it tomorrow." She blushed while fanning herself.

"I'm thinking of dying my hair a different color. I'm thinking of either going back to it's natural state, or bleaching it."

"Ooh! I don't know if I'll be able to recognize you tomorrow." Kate teased on the other side of the line.

"I'm sure you will. Even if you don't, I'll be able to recognize your pretty face."

"Stop! Your making me blush!" She laughed into the phone.

"It's true!"

"John Frusciante, do I have to hang up on you for excessive flirting?"

"Oops! I mean your terrible!" He teased.

"That's more like it." She smiled on the other side of the line. She noticed how late it had gotten.  Running her fingers through her hair, she leaned back into her pillows before yawning, "Well it's getting late. I better hang up before you fall asleep on me."

"Fall asleep to your pretty voice? Never." He smiled. "Alright. Goodnight Kate. See you tomorrow night."

"Goodnight John." She smiled before hanging up. She sighed while hugging her pillow, blushing.

John leaned back into his bed. He stared at the ceiling thinking about Kate. She's so quiet, and cute. But can give you an attitude if necessary, he smiled thinking to himself. He liked her curly brunette hair that made him want to run his fingers through his hair. He sighed when Flea burst into his room with Chad. He tossed him a beer and they drank in silence.

"So how do you feel about Kate." Flea smirked, while wiggling his eyebrows as Chad made kissing noises. John continued to chug his beer and burped before saying "What do you mean how I feel."

"You know...You were flirting with her in the car. Flea did you know he told her she had nice panties when she opened the car door?" Chad teased as Flea laughed batting his eyes at John squealing, "Your so dreamy, Johnny-poo!" John laughed before shoving Flea.

"Oh come on guys. I don't know, she seems nice." He smiled while running his fingers through his red hair.

"Nice enough that you invited her to the concert tomorrow, and said you'd take her out to dinner!" Chad laughed while quoting his conversation with her. He rolled his eyes and said "Alright, maybe I got a crush on her." He laughed as Flea pretended to be Kate, saying "John that was so hot!" Chad pretended to be John flexing and winking. He rolled his eyes and said "Alright, Alright! Out of my room!" They laughed raising there hands in defense before exiting the room. He sighed while turning his bedroom light off, feeling his body grow tired.

Kate blushed to herself thinking of John. His flirting made her grow butterflies in her stomach. "Kate! It's your favorite couple!" Candy smiled while bursting in her room with Anthony. "Oh no what do you two want." Kate sighed while looking at them. "I brought beer!" Anthony exclaimed while tossing her a bottle. She caught it and bit the cap off with her front teeth. She clinked beers with Candy before chugging it. "This is my song!" Candy slurred while blasting Cyndi Lauper throughout the room. Anthony laughed while watching the two girls dance with each other and fall to the floor. Kate giggled, taking a swig of her beer. The trio began playing drinking games. Whenever a song they were familiar with came on they had to chug there beer. Three beers later, Kate was passed out on her bed while Anthony was asleep on the floor, with Candy in his arms.