Don't Be a Jerk

"Your engaged again?! You've got to be kidding me...." Candy sighed while looking at the silver band on Kate's finger. "It's different this time. We're not actually getting married. Not now at least. We just want to be something more."

"Girl, you are so confusing. Your too young to be engaged. Especially after what had just happened. You need time to heal. And to discover your true self again."

"I told you! We're not engaged...I mean we are but not like engaged, engaged. Uh! It's so complicated to explain to you. You don't understand."

"I don't think any other human being would understand. A ring on your finger means your married, or going to be married. Plain, and simple."

"Think of it as a promise ring. Except Johns promising to not break up with me. He said he wants to be here for me. Through thick, and thin."

"That's sweet. You two have had quite a history, in such a short amount of time. It's almost two years you guys have known each other."

"Geez. Your making me sound old."

"At least your not twenty-four,
with a twenty-six  year old boyfriend who doesn't have the balls to give you a ring, or some sort of promise!" Candy snapped at Anthony who was placing two glasses of wine on the table.

"What?!" Anthony scoffed looking at his girlfriend who was glaring daggers in his direction.

"You don't do anything for me! Your just a lump on a log, who wants me for sex!"

"Candy Rogers! That is a damn lie and you know it!"

"Yeah, right! When was the last time you ever took me on a date? Or complimented me?"

"I take you on dates all the time! I brought you with me to the bar last night to meet Flea, and Chad for some drinks. I also said you looked beautiful last night!"

"That was not a date! That was you meeting up with your friends and me tagging along! And the only reason you said I looked beautiful last night was because you wanted to get in my pants!"

"God damnit, Candy! I have your name tattooed on my body what else is there to prove that I love you?!"

"So many other things! Ugh!" Standing up Candy quickly made her way out of the room. Ten seconds later you could here the loud 'thud' noise of Anthony's bedroom door being shut.

"Geez." Anthony sighed while sitting across from Kate and running his fingers through his hair before continuing, "Is it me?"

"No. Your almost there. You just have to take that extra step, Anthony. Candy's a hard girl to please."

"You think I don't know that? Every five minutes she's showing me apartments, houses, I'm broke! I can't buy an apartment for us to share. Not until we go on tour again. I can barely keep myself financial at the moment. Once we go on a global tour, I'll start making money."

"Wait...You are going on a global tour?"

"Yeah. In about a year from now."

"Cool. John told me you were still gathering the details....I didn't know everything was planned out already."

"Nope, silly. We're gonna start off in Brazil."

"Woah...That's awesome. I've always wanted to go there."

"Me too."

"So I guess this is your part time vacation as well?"

"Yep." The two began laughing. Suddenly Kate got a great idea. Pulling Anthony close she whispered, "Anthony. This is it. This is the extra step I was telling you about."