Breaking The Girl

"How come you've been a bad girl?" John teased sitting across the table looking at Kate handcuffed to the table. Rolling her eyes she sighed, "John. Can you like keep it in your pants for a second. Geez. This is fucking serious. I'm not going to jail. It's bullshit."

"You think I don't know that? I'm trying to make light of the situation."

"Sorry. Fuck. It's my fault. I shouldn't of opened the door. I'm sorry."

"Don't apologize. It's fine. We're gonna work it out, alright?"

"Alright. So. Did you sleep in this morning?"

"Yeah. Eleven."

"Geez. You went to bed early too. You okay?"

"Yeah. Just recovering after you threw up on me-"

"Don't remind me. It's so embarrassing."

"Your embarrassed? I had to drive home shirtless and was getting weird stares!"

"Aw, John!"

"Just kidding...It's fine. Ever since last night I now am keeping a spare shirt in my car."

"Hey! You'll always think of me now!"

"Is that a good thing or a bad thing?"

"Haha! That's funny!"

"I'm a funny guy."

"Sure." The two smiled at each other and she went to hold his hand when the cuffs stopped her from reaching across the table. Pouting he smiled and grabbed her hand rubbing his fingers across her knuckles before asking, "Was it Bill?"

"Yeah. A friend of his."

"Jesus Christ. I'm gonna kill him-"

"John. Don't make threats like that in a police station."

"I don't care. He's trying to screw you over. What an ass." There conversation was interrupted by a police officer walking into the room and announcing, "Ms.Viverette? Do you mind if we perform the lie detector test now? Mr.Frusciante I'm afraid you'll have to leave."
Standing up, John rubbed Kate's cheek and smiled, "Tell the truth. Give'em Hell." Laughing as he walked out she was immediately strapped to the chair. Her right arm was forced to lay flat on the table. A lot of wires and tape was being wrapped around her arm. An older gentleman came in with a clipboard and explained to her the procedure. She would be asked a series of questions, and she had to respond. The results would tell whether she was telling the truth or not. Clearing his throat the questions were now being fired at her.

"How long ago have you heard from Bill?"

"Two weeks ago. He called my apartment to tell me he was in jail."

"Did he sound mad?"

"Yes."

"Did you ever visit Bill's apartment?"

"Yes. Months ago."

"How come?"

"I was going to try and shoot up."

"Did you shoot up?"

"No."

"Why?"

"I couldn't. I thought of John."

"What happened that night in Bills apartment?"

"I got drunk. When I decided I wasn't gonna shoot up I tried to leave. By the time I made it outside, he was gonna rape me. Then Dave came to my rescue."

"Dave?"

"Dave Navarro. A friend."

"What happened after Dave rescued you?"