Ice Cream

"Good morning, princess! Although I should be saying afternoon." Candy smirked while watching Kate enter the kitchen.

"Damn I slept in till two, again? I've even been going to bed early." Kate sighed while running her fingers through her hair before grabbing the plate of toast being pushed to her. She devoured the bread in a matter of seconds and chugged a glass of water set on the table. She looked around and raised a brow whispering to Candy, "Where's Anthony?"

"Oh he's getting ready for the concert with the other guys."

"Isn't the concert at eleven tonight?"

"Yeah, how'd you know all the details?"

"I was on the phone with John last night." Kate blushed before finishing her sentence. Candy smirked making kissing noises as she rolled her eyes, pushing the blonde back with her hand. "Shut it Candy." She mumbled blushing even harder.
Candy sighed grabbing her purse saying, "I'm gonna go spend some time with Anthony and the others...I'll see you tonight right?" Kate nodded her head yes and they both exchanged a hug before she left.

"John Frusciante! How come you didn't tell me you liked my best friend!" Candy shouted while walking into the bar the band would be performing in tonight. John raised a brow, wiping the sweat forming on his forehead and snapped, "Why do you care, Candy?" She smirked and shrugged saying "No reason. You seen Anthony?" He nodded while pointing to the men's room. She smirked jogging into the bathroom making him roll his eyes. He smiled thinking of seeing Kate tonight.

Meanwhile Kate sat on her bed staring at her closet that was torn to shreds. She turned looking at his leather jacket and was trying to decide what would match. Suddenly something caught her eye. A black leather skirt. She let out a breath of air while holding the skirt up. She quickly tossed the skirt onto her bed along with black converse and managed to organize the mess left on the floor. She sighed while looking through her drawers, trying to find a Red Hot Chili Peppers shirt to wear. She let out a grunt when there was no luck. She grabbed a plain white t-shirt mumbling "This will have to do." She slid the skirt on, sliding the zipper up in the back and tied the T-shirt before sliding the leather jacket on. She smiled at her self in the mirror and quickly tied her converse noticing if she didn't start moving quick she was gonna be late.

She grabbed her keys and shoved them into her jacket pocket while jogging down the stairs of the apartment complex. The bar wasn't that far so she decided to walk. It was calm outside. She made her way to the back of the bar and knocked quietly. It swung open to reveal Flea. "Katie-pie!" He exclaimed, hugging her. She smiled while slowly hugging back and he welcomed her in showing her around. "Do you want anything to drink?" He asked, turning to her. "Just water is fine." She smiled. He nodded exclaiming "One bottle of water coming up!" He jogged into another room as she sat on a case swinging her feet back and forth.
She looked around and suddenly saw darkness, as a pair of hands were placed around her eyes. She froze and chuckled asking "Hello?" She heard laughing and the hands were pulled away. "I'm glad you came!" John smiled before taking a seat next to her. "You scared me for a second..."She joked. He was dressed in a pair of dark blue shorts with red socks,white sneakers, and a grey T-shirt. She looked up at his hair that was now bleached instead of red. "I like it!" Kate smiled, lightly tugging at a lock. He blushed and sighed "Stop it! Stop it!" She laughed and caught the water bottle Flea tossed to her. She struggled with the cap and he held his hand out. She handed him the bottle and within seconds he handed the open bottle back with the cap. She mumbled a thank you before taking a sip while looking around.

"I noticed you wore my jacket." He smiled. She smiled looking at the ground replying, "I told you I was gonna wear it. Thanks for letting me keep it." He watched her fidget with her hands and brush a strand of hair behind her ear. He was staring for a long time and quickly said "Oh! Quick follow me I wanna show you my guitar!" She nodded, walking next to him through the chaos. He sat on a bean bag before pulling his guitar out. Kate mumbled "Woah." Staring at the guitar in his lap. She went to sit on the floor when he argued, "Nuh-uh. Your not sitting on the floor." He moved over and she fell back into the beanbag, there knees brushing against each other's. She watched him play and he looked up at her saying "You wanna give it a try?" She nodded as he took the guitar off placing it around her shoulders. She stared at the guitar fumbling with pick and laughed "Now what? I'm clueless when it comes to guitars..." He sighed adjusting himself behind her and leaned his arms forward holding her hands. "Here." He whispered moving her fingers along the guitar she smiled at the funky song he strummed along with her. His head rested on her shoulder as he looked over to see the guitar strings. He pulled away and she looked up at him eyes wide stuttering, "That was really cool! C-Can you teach me to play guitar?" He smirked and said "Sure. It'll cost you! I'm kidding..." Suddenly Anthony was walking around gathering the other band members to huddle a couple minutes before the concert. John looked at her and said "Well...I'll see you out there." He took his gray shirt off making her dart her eyes and he asked "Can you hold onto this for me?" She nodded taking his grey shirt and he leaned in hugging her again saying "I'm really glad you came. See you out there!" He stood up strapping the guitar on his shoulders and joined the guys in a huddle.

After Candy hauled Kate with her through the crowd pushing to the front of the stage she stood there unsure of what to do. Suddenly the guys came out screaming making the whole crowd scream. They immediately began playing and Kate smiled at the loud music and how hyped Anthony looked. Candy turned to Kate screaming and she screamed along throwing her hair back and forth. They both swayed to the music. Kate screamed in joy as Anthony came over to there side of the stage bending down singing. Kate laughed as he ran his fingers threw her hair and stuck his tongue out smirking. Candy wrapped her arm around Kate and drunkenly sang along to the song. Kate turned when it was a guitar solo. John shredded on the guitar making her smile. She watched him sway back and forth with his sweaty hair. Suddenly she made eye contact with him and he smirked winking. She blushed looking away.

After the concert Kate made her way backstage carrying a drunk Candy over her shoulders. Anthony smirked taking Candy from her hands swinging her over his shoulder. She slowly walked up to John. "Hey!" He smiled heavy breathing running his fingers through his sweaty hair. She handed him her water bottle and a towel lying around. He chugged the water bottle tossing the empty and wiped his chest down. Kate looked away trying not to blush at his abs handing him his shirt. "Can you wait for me outside? I just gotta go pack up my guitar." She nodded sliding the leather jacket back on making her way outside.

"I hope you like ice cream!" John exclaimed walking out of the bar towards her. She smiled and nodded as they walked in silence.

"Did you walk here Kate?"

"Yeah...It's not that far from my apartment. I drive around sometimes, but other than that I walk mostly wherever I go."

"Cool. I walk everywhere. I can't see myself driving a car because I'm a clumsy person."

"What'd you think of the concert?" He smiled turning his head towards her. He watched her mouth twitch upward.

"It was amazing! You guys must really love what you do...It looked like you were giving it all you got."

"Thank you. You looked like you were having fun too."

"I was. This was fun. Thank you for inviting me."

"Don't thank me. You can thank me later for paying for your ice cream." He winked opening the door of the ice cream parlor for her. She smiled walking passed him. After buying ice cream they took a walk sitting on a park bench near her apartment complex. Kate smiled as they sat the cup of mint ice cream between them slowly picking at it. After eating he laughed hysterically pointing at her face. She laughed raising a brow and he said "You gotta little something on your-" he leaned forward wiping the ice cream off her cheek. They stared each other in the face slowly leaning forward. Suddenly he quickly pulled back and rubbed the back of his neck saying "It's getting late...I'll walk you back."

She nodded standing up shoving her hands in her pockets walking next to him. She frowned thinking to herself, did I do anything wrong? She shrugged and walked in the uncomfortable silence listening to her shoes crunching against the dirt.