Chapter 1: Do you believe in the Red String of Fate?

Beam

Have you ever wonder if the 'Red String of Fate' exist? Well, tell you what, it does.

My name's Beam Baramee, a person who can see the 'Red String' attached to a person's pinky. I know it may sound cliche and some or most of you don't believe in such thing, but trust me, it really exists!

I started seeing it when I was four, I always ask my mom about it and she would give a warmhearted laugh. She told me about the 'Red String' that connects a person to another, binding them together for eternity. That's how I started to believe her as I can see the red string was attached to both her and dad's pinky. But sadly, not all story comes with a happy ending, dad passed away when I was 12 and the red string that I always admire from mom's hand became dull, a greyish-white color.

Growing as a kid thinking I'm unlike others, abnormal, freak, weird etc. I decided to hide this shocking truth about my abilities, mom also said that it might be dangerous for me because some people might want to manipulate my powers.

Until then, I hide my powers even to my very bestfriends, Pha and Kit. They've been with me since kindergarten, and after that, our families became close also.

I have another secret to tell, I have this cousin who is 4 years older than me, P'Pick, he also have some amazing abilities such as seeing the strings that attach a person to the others, and cutting it. I know it sounds scary but he really could do it, he uses this magical scissors of his to comply to the request of his 'customers'. He said that each and everyone of us has a string that connects us to other people or even to our surroundings, may it be friendship, love, family, hatred etc. And each symbolizes a color.

The color green symbolizes the love for nature, like loving trees, flowers, or loving Mother Nature actually. The blue color stands for friendship, having friends will automatically create a string that will attach you to them. The red color stands for love, this could also includes the Red String of Fate, but P said there are 2 red strings attach to us, including the one I mentioned earlier. I don't know the meaning of the other red string since P'Pick didn't mention it. The yellow color stands for family, relatives, cousins etc. And lastly, the black color symbolizes anger, hatred, lust and all negative emotions.

Although P'Pick could see all these strings attached to us, I could only see the Red String of Fate as I've mentioned a few times. Too much explaining and my head started to hurt, please accept my apology.

Okay, so almost everyone thinks that the Red String of Fate sounds romantic, cheesy and all. But in reality, it's a pain in the ass. No offense tho.

You have to search tens, hundreds, or even thousand of times before you could find the 'right one'. Such a pain right? So here I am, looking for my 'right one' by being a Casanova and fucking everyone who I think is available and will gladly satisfy my needs.

Still, at the end of the day, I always feels excited whenever I think that someday, the right person just for me will appear in front of me and will totally blow and change my mind. Oh yeah before I forgot, I have another thing to tell you.

You remember N'Yo and N'Ming from the original series from this fanfic right? Guess what. Both Pha and Yo, Ming and Kit, are fated to each other! Hahaha! Since I've noticed the obsession of Pha for his nong, I immediately knew that particular red string that attaches them to one another. Kitty, on the other hand doesn't realize it yet cause Fate could be playful most of the times. And I sometimes tease both of them how they are 'fated' to one another.

We came to the point that we've, mostly Kit and I, made the mistake that caused both Pha and Yo to have a great misunderstanding. You already know that don't you?

So here we are, a freshmen studying at a prestigious college in the whole country. Working our asses off as we learn medical terms and are currently med students of this university. Yep, I blame Ai'Pha for dragging us to this school to be with him.

A/N: What do you think about this chapter? I apologize for any wrong spelling or grammar 😅