Chapter 16: Coincidence or Not?

Beam

Slowly fluttering my eyes open, a refreshing feeling started to creep in. Amazingly, I had a good night sleep after last night's mini escapade, thanks to Forth. 

Heyyy~ come to think of it, I haven't seen him ever since I woke up. Maybe he left while I was sleeping? Not that it concerns me or what! 

Looking at my watch which was placed beside my bag, I saw that it's almost quite late, around 9 or so. After stretching my body for quite some time and cleaning the 'bed', I finally stood up. I exit the tent and go directly to Kit and Pha's. On the way and not far from where I'm standing, I saw the Moon and Stars doing their photoshoot.  I squint my eyes and saw my cute friend sitting on a fallen log while eating something. Since I'm in a happy mood, why not scare my dear friend right? 

Making ninja moves towards Kit, I slowly crept behind his back and was about to scare him when he scared me first instead. 

"I know you lame Beam." Kit spoke with his usual bored tone. 

"Shiyah! How'd you know it's me?" I ask stupidly. 

"Shadow." He replied matter-of-factly. 

Sitting beside my grouchy best friend and snatching the food he's about to take, I immediately took a bite to ease my disappointment. As expected, a smack on my head was then followed after taking the first bite. 

"Sheesh, Ai'Kit! I'm hungry!" I retorted while still eating. 

"Why didn't you wake up earlier then?"

"I had a good sleep, it'll be a waste if I woke up earlier."

"What were you and Ai'Forth doing last night huh? Planning to escape somewhere where you two could be alone?" Shit! Kit knows! How?! 

"W-what? How did you know?!" 

"I was about to pee when I saw you guys exiting your tent together." What. The. Fuck! Forth you bastard! 

"I see you're already awake." Someone spoke from behind us, and that voice, that terribly cold voice, is something I don't want to deal with right now. 

"G-good m-morning Ai'Pha hehe." I slowly turn to look at him. Damn! He has this really scary face right now, he's actually fuming! I have to go down on my knees and ask for his apology. Here go-

"What were you thinking?! Going out like that?!" He shouted. Good thing we're kinda far from the crowd and is somehow isolated. 

"It's not my fault! Really! It was all Forth's! He dragged me to go out!" I whined as I show him/them my pouting face. 

"I know. HAHAHAHAHHAHA look at your face." 

"Bullshit Ai'Pha! I hate you." 

"Me too." Jerk Ai'Pha replied. Why am I friends with him? "So, how did it go?" 

"None of your business." I respond coldly whilst averting my gaze. 

"Hey guys!" Urgh! He's here. 

"Ai'Forth, what did you and Beam do last night? This punk won't say anything to me." Pha voiced out. Shit! This guy is putting me in danger. 

"Nothing really. Just went to the festival and had some food trip." Forth answered still wearing that cheeky smile of his. 

"Really?" Kit asked as they seem doubtful just by looking at their faces. 

"Yeah." Forth answered. "By the way Beam, are you okay now?"