Chapter 3: The Deception

Beam

Sighing for the nth time while waiting for my shitty cousin to arrive at the cafe we plan to meet, I scroll at my feeds in IG as I like and comment to some of them, most are from girls who like to flaunt their beauty and sexy body, earning tons of comments from hungry wolves.

Busying myself with the entertainment my phone gives me, I felt a presence hover at my back. I acted nothing as I know what will happen next, doesn't he get tired of it? *sighs*

"Boo!" The said senior 'tried' to scare me using his hundred-old method, which I'm accustomed of for the past years. He then sit across me while smiling like an airhead as I sip my coffee, unamused.

"Doesn't work?" He sighs as he gave me his puppy eyes. Funny, he doesn't look like a puppy. But a mouse, scratch that, mice are cute, he looks like a rat! A fucking rat! Yep, he looks that dirty to me in my eyes.

I nod my head in agreement as I sip my coffee once again, while looking at him apathetically. He needs some romance in his life, not some random customers who wants to sleep with him! And yes you're right, he's also a Casanova just like me! Pitiful right? *sighs*

"So what's new?" He asks as he bites his cake, that was ordered a long time ago. I just shrug at him and place my coffee on the table, crossing my arms after doing so.

"What I told you yesterday." I reminded him as he just nods his head and take another bite of his cake. I sigh frustratingly as I learned that his head was dropped when he was baby resulting to this blockhead of Casanova he is now. Of course we say that as a joke, it's normal in our family anyway.

"You want to cut the Red String right?" He asks after a couple of minutes being silent whilst I send deathly glares at him. What a slowpoke!

"Duh! Obviously!" I rolled my eyes in an exaggerating manner. "I wouldn't call you for no reason!" I added as I smack his head, in my mind only of course!

"Yeah yeah. Let's get this over with. I still have a date you know?" He muttered as I roll my eyes once again. I raise my pinky in front of his face as he grabs the magical scissors out of his bag.

He positioned the scissors just a little too close to my pinky as he cuts the string. I see the red string loose and vanish before my sight. Hah! I'm gonna miss that string, anyway, I hope the fate doesn't make a mistake this time!

I stood up as I wai at him, showing respect as I reluctantly don't want to. "I'm going first." I said before gathering my things and going out of the cafe. I drive my car back to the uni as I still have my friend to watch over like a parent, and maybe to see if the string is really cut.

Releasing a sad sigh, I turn to the right as I enter the school grounds. I admit! I feel empty without the string on me, it feels like a part of me was stolen or numb! I love that string, I always look at it hoping to find my mate, but ended up with some random muscular guy.

I park my car at the available parking space, striding my steps as I don't want to anger a giant like-tree. I was about to continue with what I'm doing, but was interrupted when a sudden call caught my attention. Halting my steps and taking my phone out, I saw Kitty calling me. I cleared my throat before answering.

"Khrap." I used the softest voice I could gather, but ends up badly.

"Ai'Beam, where the hell are you?!" The angry kitty shot the question as I cover my ear.

"I'm on the school grounds now, just a few more minutes to reach you guys." I reported as I stood frozen on the spot.

"Fine! Hurry up asshole!" Kit barked as I cover my ears once again. Sheesh! Why so mad? Having a period right now?