Chapter 8: Hints There

Beam

I was on my way home from school when I heard a whimper not far from where I'm walking. So I approach where the sound is coming from and saw a dog, a little bit bigger than the norm, who is whimpering in pain, and I could see some blood on its fur.

"What happened to you big guy?" I ask as I crouch down and check the wounds of the dog lying half conscious on the ground.

"Poor you." I check his wounds once again. "Where is your owner na~ you don't have a collar.."

I decided to carry him despite his heavy weight. I brought him to the nearest vet since the owner is a very close friend of mine which is like my brother.

"Hmmm~ its good that his wounds aren't that deep and serious. Here, let him eat this 3 times a day for 2 days, it'll help him heal faster." P'Mac, the vet, handed me the medicines. I caress the head of the unknown dog and comfort him, he keeps on whimpering on the way here until now, and I could somehow sense his discomfort.

"P, do you perhaps know the owner of this dog? He has no collar when I saw him earlier." I stated my concern. P'Mac thinks for a while then moves to his computer.

"Hmmm, according to the list. No dogs are reported missing for 2 months now, so I really can't help you find it's owner nong. Maybe he's a stray dog?" He asks. It's my turn to think, but the dog doesn't seem like a stray dog, his body and fur is similar to a classy type of dog, the one that owners took great care of.

"Then I guess I can take care of this big guy." I said while happily ruffling his head. He then looks at me and snuggle me closer to its body.

~
I brought him home and my parents were kinda shock to see me bring a one of kind big dog, limping beside me as we enter the house. I was around 8 or 9 years old when that happened. They were hesitant at first, but after telling them what happened, they agreed immediately and help me nurse the dog to its former self.

I can't think of any fancy name to temporarily name the dog, so I just named him Blue, since his eyes are blue, and indeed, it's a one of a kind dog! He understands my instructions really well, and therefore, I even planned to adopt him and make him my own!

~
A week passed since I found 'my' dog and he became attached to me instantly. One day, I was walking with Blue on the way to the park for his afternoon stroll, I didn't even bother telling my friends, Pha and Kit about it. One, because Pha isn't a dog person, he prefers cats, personally. Two, Kit would crash at my house everyday, and it's annoying. I used to have a dog when I was younger but Kit would always keep it for himself, and that annoys me.

So once again, I was walking with Blue when I saw a boy walking around aimlessly. So I approach him and I was met with the most enticing eyes I've ever seen.

"Pluto!" He shouted then throw his arms around 'my' dog and envelope him in a tight hug. "I thought I lost you." He said while hugging the dog.

I stood there frozen, not knowing what to do, say or react to him. He caress the dog's head for a moment before looking at me.

"Thanks for taking care of Pluto." He said, I smiled bitterly knowing that I have to return the dog to its original owner. I'm gonna miss this guy, I then ruffle Blue's head and smile a bit.