Ch 1: A Solid 8

A/N:

Soooo this book is gonna be sexually active.

U have been warned.
~~

Evangeline POV:

"Evie..."

I looked up at my parents tear stained faces, dropping my backpack on the floor, "whats going on guys?"

My mother pulled me into a tight hug, stroking my hair, "baby, your father and I have to tell you something."

"Okay?" I peered over her shoulder, "where's Everett? We were supposed to train after my classes today, shouldn't he be here for this too."

My mom just pulled me closer, crying harder, "oh honey..."

"Mom?"

My father crouched down taking my hand, "Evie honey your brother... he went out on patrol today."

"He always does dad."

"I know honey, but this time, he went with Patricia and there were some pack-less rogues on the edge of our territory."

My brows furrowed, Patricia was my brothers mate they met last month at the Lunar Ball. She was already pregnant with my niece, "did Patty get hurt?"

My mom cried even harder.

My father pulled us both to him, "he tried his best to protect her Evie. But there were too many of them and it was sudden." He choked back his own tears, "neither of them made it sweetheart, I'm so sorry."

I just looked at my parents, shocked.

I didn't even feel the tears streaming down my face as they told me my brother, the most important person in my life, was dead.

Because he was too busy trying to protect his mate who had no business being on patrol in the first place, but insisted anyways.

If it wasn't for his wolfs insistent need to protect her he would have survived.

If he had been with someone who could fend for themselves rather than her they would both be alive.

"Evie..." my father spoke softly, "no one outside of the Hawthorn pack can know. do you understand? If they did, our pack would be merged with another." Hands ran through my hair, "we will wait for you to find your mate, and then we will decide the fate of our pack."

...my mate?

I nodded at him numbly, thoughts boiling through me.

Why would I ever want that? What good does it do anyone?

It certainly didn't help Everett.

~~

4 years later...

I moaned softly, grinding down on... whatever this guys name was as he gripped my hips.

Look wise I would say the blonde beneath me was about a 7/10.

His skills in bed. A solid 8.

I think the fact that he had a really nice cock had something to do with that though, considering I took over halfway through.

He, like many wolves our age is focused mainly on his own pleasure.

Thats all fine and dandy for the full moon, we are all horny as hell on a full moon, for a lot of unmated wolves that was the only time they got off.

Something about being with as few people as possible until they meet their fated.

It was mostly popular amongst she wolves...making the male wolves celibate by default until then.

Some even saved themselves for their mate, waiting until they found them to enjoy pleasure.

Fuck. That.

Like hell I was going to wait around for some stupid man to want to pop a baby in me a week after we meet.

And like hell I was gonna only do it on the full moon.

I have needs.

...well maybe not needs but certainly desires.

And when I want dick, like hell I'm going to twiddle my thumbs and wait for a full moon or a mate.

Although, I was expected to attend my first Lunar Ball soon now that I was 18.

And my father would freak if he knew I hadn't followed his orders, and not waited for my mate from now on.

He wasn't stupid, he knew I was sexually active.

But he didn't know it was more than just the full moon.

And he certainly wasn't going to know I wasn't stopping.

After all, if I mixed my scent too much with another man, my mate may not recognize me fully.

A bullshit thought disproven long ago.

But, I was hoping if I smelled like another man and I did happen by my mate he would reject me.

No mate and all my problems would be solved.

I gripped the boys shoulders harder, "shit harder baby.."

What the actual hell was his name again?

Usually if I moan their names breathless and nip at them they come faster...

At least you can always rely on a wolf for one thing.

Those men, always try and rise to a challenge.

Humans are okay.

But wolves know how to please wolves.

They are strong than humans, faster.

More often than not bigger on all accounts.

And one think I have learned through my various sexscapades is that I need it hard, I need fast.

And I'm one hell of a bitchy ass size queen.

...this guy was boring me though.

I growled lowly at him, "fuck me like you mean it or let me the hell go."

He growled back, flipping us over and picking up the pace, fucking me harder.

All male wolves like to pretend they are an alpha at some point. Normally in bed. Any other way would get them killed.

So...challenge them and they will give you what you want.

Hard, rough, sex.

Although this one liked to growl 'you like that?' Over and over in my ear.

Instantly brings a man from an 8 to a 6 easy. So not sexy.

"Gods" I moaned, "yes I like that, just shut up and make me cum!"

Finally he did as asked.

Human men listen better than wolves.

Less possessive too.

If only they were more powerful, I would just find one of them.