Ch 6: Didn't Totally Suck

Evangeline POV:

The bartender is hot. Like really hot.

Fuck I love werewolf men. Always better than average looking, occasionally hot, and sometimes absolutely panty dropping smoking.

This guy fell between hot and panty dropping smoking. Yay me!

I gave him a little grin as Melody and I stepped up to the bar.

Melody rolled her eyes whispering to me, "so your not heading home tonight I take it."

"Fuck no." I whispered back.

She giggled, "excuse me? Mr bartender?"

He smiled a bit at her as I tried not to laugh. Melody always refers to people she doesn't know as mr or ms. "What can I get you ladies?"

Some dick.

Melody elbowed me as if sensing my thoughts, "well my friend and I are hoping to drink wayyy more wine than is healthy and sing Amy Winehouse all night."

He laughed, "sweet. My mate would love that. alright ladies I'll open a bottle and keep it coming just pick you poison."

Her smile fell a bit as she glanced at me.

Welp guess i'm not hopping on that dick tonight. I grinned at him, "She sounds like fun, is she around maybe we can get drunk together."

He shook his head, "nah. Shes home, plus shes 6 months pregnant sorry ladies."

Melody and I both awed, "congratulations!"

"Thanks girls its our first pup and we're very excited."

I nodded, "you should be, kids are the best."

I may be a cold hearted mate hating bitch. But I love tiny wolf people. Tiny humans too. They see the world in a beautiful way, full of love and hope.

Then reality shits all over everything and the kids because angsty ass teenager and douchebag adults.

And I may be pretty much without sexual morals, but I don't even think about looking at a mated man twice. Just like I don't with humans who are in relationships.

Its just not my style. Plus a mated wolf wouldn't look at me twice anyways, as they shouldn't.

Sure on occasion you hear stories about cheating mates but being a home wrecker never held appeal to me.

I don't want to be the ringmaster of someone else's shitshow.

So, I'll talk to this guy about his future kid wish him the best of luck and find another one to play with tonight.

But first... "alright Mel did you put our names down to sing?"

She handed me a wineglass. "You know it babe!"

Perfect.

~~
I let out a breathless laugh, rolling off the werewolf beneath me. "Well that didn't totally suck."

He chuckled, abs flexing, looking me over as I rose from the bed, "didn't totally suck?"

I hummed searching for my dress, "yeah it was fun while it lasted." Pretty doesn't always equal the best stamina. "Thanks Alex."