Ch 33: Kind...ish

Asmos POV:

Something happened in that girls life that turned her into a disaster.

Family more than likely, perhaps part of her pack too.

A she wolf her age is normally much closer to their packs and family not used to the idea that they will one day find their mates and leave.

Evie wants to leave, she wants to escape, that much is obvious in her actions.

She buries her need for freedom in sex and alcohol and likely those pills of her.

Pills she apparently didn't think were her choice.

Probably doesnt think leaving is an option either.

Its driving my wolf up a wall.

Whether or not the girl is good for my pack is irrelevant, if we complete the mate bond also irrelevant.

A girl that desperate for escape only falls further as time goes on until there's absolutely nothing left and my inner wolf attached to her makes it impossible to not care.

If Evie remains as she is I have no doubt she will end up dead very young. Shes barely reached adulthood for werewolves and she's already half drowned.

One best friend who will one day leave for another home isn't nearly enough in the storm Evie put herself in.

She's going to wake up one day without that distraction and need another and her track record isn't exactly safe ones.

She would just walk into the wrong situation or put herself there on purpose.

Shes loud, she puts up a wall of bravery but in reality she is just one terrified girl who thinks she has nowhere to turn.

I don't know what made her that way, but at the moment the reason doesn't really matter.

Until a decision is made Evie is my mate, my wolf even if the bond is broken will always have a soft spot for her.

And I'm not inclined to let her drown.

I called for the tenth time since she hung up on me.

It went straight to voicemail for the tenth time.

Fucking woman.

~~

Evie POV:

Mel glanced at my phone when I ignored Asmos' tenth call, "okay Evie...I have been really good at not being nosy but I can't anymore, who's calling you like a crazy person?"

I glanced at the blond before taking a sip from my flask, "no one."

She rolled her eyes at me, "Eves we have been best friends forever, lying to me is impossible."

I shrugged changing the topic, "how do you know when you like someone?"

Her brows shot up, "are you getting calls from a man?"

"No." Lie.

"You are!" She laughed a bit, "have I met him."

"No." Truth.

"Is he your mate?"

"No." Lie.

She frowned at me, "Evie...that's complicated..you know that will be a problem when one of your mates come along-"

"I know. But how do I know if I like him?"

"Well I haven't ever been interested in someone before but I imagine you miss them when they are not around and find yourself talking to them about things and are comfortable around them...and the sexual attraction." She giggled.