Ch 57: A Damn Shame

Asmos POV

I watched some of my most elite warriors spar but the vast majority of my senses was honed in on the woman standing next to me.

I had awoken to silken curls ticking my jaw as Evie shifted on my chest.

She had listened and not done anything to her hair, not even so much as wrapped a towel around it and the result was a mass of spirals dipped in red that cascaded over her shoulders.

Her hair was shorter like this, fuller too.

My fingers itched to pull at one of the curls, just to see it spring back into place.

As if sensing my thoughts, she ran a hand through her hair, "I need to see a hairstylist later."

"Why?" I questioned, glancing back to the warriors. Their form was practically perfect for once and my inner wolf simmered with pride hoping my mate would notice.

"Its a mess." She grumbled, following my gaze, "they are really good at this."

"They are some of my packs best."

"All rogues formerly?"

"Not all. That was how we started Evie, not how we always are."

She nodded a bit, "not a lot of women."

"Not this high ranking of warriors, no, but there are several."

She seemed to scan the area, eyes falling on a few of them, "I cannot imagine it would be easy to kick most of these mens asses."

"No." I rumbled, "it is not."

She looked up at me, "so whats the compound everyone kept mentioning?"

"When new wolves arrive, the go to a specific building a little away from the pack... it is like a warehouse of sorts, there they are kept, tested for disease and given various exams and tests. Based on that they are pre determined where they are likely useful to the pack, if at all and tested for that specific thing." I glanced at her, "although no one is released from the compound until it is certain they will not rebel."

"And im not there why?" She questioned.

Was she serious? I frowned at Evie? "why would you be?"

"well you are supposed to be testing me too right?"

"That's different."

"But-"

"You are not a stray wolf picked up Evangeline. The moon goddess selected you for me, the best way to test you is to have you by my side."

She shot me a mischievous little grin, "and I'm sure the sex doesn't hurt."

My gaze dropped over her body, the tight revealing clothing she wore, "it doesn't hurt, no. But even without it, you are still different."

She hummed, fingers lightly tracing my arm, "yeah. But I love that part of our weird ass relationship." She bit her lip softly, "I love your hands on my body and the feeling of our limbs entwined after a hot sweaty f-"